A&H

Addicks v Mackems

The Referee Store
It's these games which keep me enthusiastic about football. So much on the line, impossible to predict, honestly fought out and high drama.
Sunderland are destined to return to the Championship and EPL, but this is a desperate setback for them and their Black Cat Fans have lost two lives at Wembley in quick succession. Very long journey back to the NE

I was in Sunderland 2 weeks ago and they were waiting with bated breath to return from the Toon shadow. They are a very big club in a small pond now!!

My local pub was inundated with Sunderland fans after the game. I'm Black & White, but couldn't help being empathetic towards them. The true nature of supporting a football club, is fundamentally based on recurrent disappointments. These fellas, like make others, follow their team from one despairing moment to the next. That's what being a fan is truly all about. However, half the population (or more) can't cope with that, so cling onto some tenuous allegiance with a Champions League team instead. They are the people I have no time for. They've only a fraction of the character that the diminishing number of genuine fans require

Back