A&H

Academy

jojo

Assistant World Cup Sweepstake Organiser
Level 7 Referee
Now this isn't actually a fixture, but it could end up being one! I have been in contact with a local League 1 Academy, and I am due to go to one of the matches, and if I would then like to join the panel of referees, then I might be able to get a few matches at the end of the season.

Does anyone have any advice for academy games? Is it any different from a normal game? Any advice would be great, thanks.

The Referee Store
Expect the game to be quicker, standard to be higher, dissent to be less, coaches to be less 'loud' but try and get the game played on their terms. Treat it as a normal match, and except a nice day at the office! :p

Well, in Wales anyway...

Thanks! What club did you/do you referee at?

So really, it should be quieter for me then? I would imagine that there would be less foul as well, because they won't be playing that 'scrappy' football that some teams play.

At least I'll be able to see some of it played, and look at the referee at one of the games.
Thanks

Expect the game to be quicker, standard to be higher, dissent to be less, coaches to be less 'loud' but try and get the game played on their terms. Treat it as a normal match, and except a nice day at the office! :p

Well, in Wales anyway...
I'll agree there, I've done a few and it's a pleasure, in particular when there's nothing malicious going on and they just play football.

Thanks, sounds like I should enjoy it! Once I have been for the day, I will post my view...

I went this weekend, and all seems well! I have a match there this weekend, and it is much more relaxed than what I was expecting! Everyone was very friendly, and it all ran very well! Hopefully I will be on the panel next year (if all goes well)!

Back