A&H

Abandonment to win then league

micky2001

A bit of a hypothetical question here.

Background - I was playing FIFA last night and got the keeper sent off for DOGSO in the second minute (never a red card though haha) then got my CB sent off for DOGSO as well in the 9th. Considering in not great at FIFA normally, I ended up losing 6-0 at HT. I decided to go for the abandonment and with the score 10-0 I got Steve Gerard sent off in the 87th minute making it 3-0. What a result!!!

Anyway, if there was a league game towards the end of the season and team A could win the league even if they lost 3-0 but they ended up losing 4-0 by HT, if they all took turns of OFFINABUS to the ref of SFP etc, to get it abandoned, what would happen? I know not strictly speaking a refereeing issue (apart from the red cards) but surely this would be using the LOTG unfairly in their advantage?

If you were the league, not the referee:
Would you still give them the league title?
What other sanction would you give them?

The Referee Store
A bit of a hypothetical question here.

Background - I was playing FIFA last night and got the keeper sent off for DOGSO in the second minute (never a red card though haha) then got my CB sent off for DOGSO as well in the 9th. Considering in not great at FIFA normally, I ended up losing 6-0 at HT. I decided to go for the abandonment and with the score 10-0 I got Steve Gerard sent off in the 87th minute making it 3-0. What a result!!!

Anyway, if there was a league game towards the end of the season and team A could win the league even if they lost 3-0 but they ended up losing 4-0 by HT, if they all took turns of OFFINABUS to the ref of SFP etc, to get it abandoned, what would happen? I know not strictly speaking a refereeing issue (apart from the red cards) but surely this would be using the LOTG unfairly in their advantage?

If you were the league, not the referee:
Would you still give them the league title?
What other sanction would you give them?
If they were wise to this, a better policy would be to withdraw players through injury and not incur the wrath of the CFA. The league would probably investigate such an incident but it would be very difficult to prove an injury didn't happen whereas deliberate reds would be too obvious.

If the league chose to let the score stand then the score would be whatever it was at abandonment. If a team has 5 sendings off in one game then I would expect them to get some sort of points deduction for it

If I was the league I'd allow the score to stand. I'd issue a 'please explain', with a fine, a warning and 12 month good behaviour bond for the team (ie next serious incident results in team suspension).

That's seems quite weird @Yacinho , surely there's certain circumstances under which an abandonment would be allowed within the last 3 games?

Reactions: KB
If you're asking me if there are circumstances like a bus crash with the whole team in it heading for the game, yeah
But that wasn't really the situation right ?
Usually a team can say "we're not coming today", just get a 5-0 loss and go on
In the 3 last games, to avoid situations as said above, that kind of abandonment is impossible, team should be disqualified

As a member of a league committee, we have the power to allow the score to stand (if a minimum of 60 minutes have been paid) and deduct 3 points as a penalty for causing the ab abandonment.

In your example, they would lose the championship as a result of their actions and a lot of money in fines...

In the Standard Code of Rules, the game is awarded to the non-offending team. It is probable that if this happened, the league would take advice from the County FA regarding the outcome of the championship.

Back