A&H

Abandoned match

Abeverley

Hi guys.
Yesterday one of my games was 4 x 20 min quarters and with about 12 mins to go in the match a player went down. Once the ball was out of play I got the coach on etc and the player was in a lot of pain. He was carried off and he was subbed. I restarted play

We played on for a few minutes and a nurse was attending to him on the sidelines when we started being in and out consciousness and I was told he needed an ambulance and the managers asked me to end the game.

By this point there only about 5 mins left but the players didn’t want to carry on either and with the score at 8-1 I decided to blow up.

Do I need to report this with there only being a few minutes left do you think? Will it complicate things too much for the sake of a few minutes?

The Referee Store
If a game is abandoned it must be reported as abandoned.

The law says a game must be of equal halves. In your case, quarters.

This game reminded me of an earlier thread too.
Goal keeper handled outside area and the defending team tried to convince me it was an IDFK lol.
They’ll try anything!

They probably thought that was true as most player have the wrong impression of our laws

This game reminded me of an earlier thread too.
Goal keeper handled outside area and the defending team tried to convince me it was an IDFK lol.
They’ll try anything!
Mate, I was on the line and the ref put down an IFK for this.....and in the changeroom afterwards the other AR was on his side!
I don't remember why I don't throw a rock at him to stop him doing the IFK, maybe I was too confused...

Mate, I was on the line and the ref put down an IFK for this.....and in the changeroom afterwards the other AR was on his side!
I don't remember why I don't throw a rock at him to stop him doing the IFK, maybe I was too confused...
My goodness. No wonder so many players think this if refs give it and think it’s indirect.
Madness!

They probably thought that was true as most player have the wrong impression of our laws
Yes, you’re right.
They accepted it when I told them that if handball in the box a pen, then it’s direct if outside.
Hopefully they’ve learnt something lol

Back