A&H

AAR's in the Euro's

Another incident in the Germany/France match last night that could have been much clearer if the AAR's had a means of signalling. I'm relatively confident that the AAR gave the French a penalty (the referee's reaction was delayed for a start), but it was given in a very confusing and unclear fashion, perhaps because the referee wasn't 100% but decided to go with his assistant?

The Referee Store
Another incident in the Germany/France match last night that could have been much clearer if the AAR's had a means of signalling. I'm relatively confident that the AAR gave the French a penalty (the referee's reaction was delayed for a start), but it was given in a very confusing and unclear fashion, perhaps because the referee wasn't 100% but decided to go with his assistant?
i said to a colleague last night i was sure it was the aar who saw the handball, great spot

and of course Martin Keown, said 'Don't know how the referee could see that?!" about three times.

Beggars belief really!

On the penalty incident, something that's not bee mentioned is why Ref added on 2 minutes?
I was wondering why he added on any time at all. As far as I recall, neither trainer had been on the pitch and I can't think of any incidents where time was lost or wasted. I was fully expecting the whistle to go right on 45 mins.

Back