A&H

A refreshing attitude...

Matthew

RefChat Addict
First league game of the season on Saturday. It was an U15 game and a really good game to ref, I was kept busy throughout but got some good advantages in and really enjoyed it.

Anyway, after the first yellow card came out, clear cut and with no real complaints, one of the away players decided to take exception to the card. He wouldn't stop moaning, so I pulled out the book and asked him for his name, to which he replied "Why? What are you gonna do you f****** goggle eyed c**t". Out came the red.

The manager asked me to come over, and after I explained the decision and what he'd said, the manager shook my hand, said thank you and apologised. I was amazed! :eek: After the game, he apologised again and and said to make sure I send it in, because he deserves everything he gets! Awful that a 14 year old would say that in the first place, but a really refreshing change to hear that from the coach.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Could you of not managed the original 'dissent' by getting over the captain?:p

Just kidding, well done. Hopefully he will learn his lesson watching his mates have fun for the rest of September whilst he's banned.

Could you of not managed the original 'dissent' by getting over the captain?:p

Just kidding, well done. Hopefully he will learn his lesson watching his mates have fun for the rest of September whilst he's banned.

He was the captain.....:D

Haha, weird. What an overreaction!!!

I love it when the coach backs up up. I once had a game, U/18. I had refereed this team a few times and I know the coach respected me. Sent off a player for clear DOGSO. Definitely charge in the back, silly tackle really, but clearcut. One of the players further down the field moaned about it a bit, nothing really to worry about, his coach yelled at him, 'Hey, you shut up, he's a great ref!'

Ooooooh yeahhhhh......

I occasionally ref in glasses - I have arecurrent eye infection that means I sometimes can't wear contacts. I'm a big fan of 'yep, as you can see I am blind, so there's no need to tell me' at the coin toss :D

I prefer a cricket bat mate, much more effective with the loud-mouth centre mids...! (Someone remind me, why did I not make the PGMO? :p)
I prefer the Joe Harker Official Referee Crowbar (TM) (see You Are The Ref threads on the Guardian website...)

Too much "hardware" to carry. I prefer the stun gun, american style. No more dissent, and after 1st application, no need for 2nd.

I was refereering an U12 tournament a few months ago and in one short 8 minute match one keeper had a really bad game let in 4 goals in as many minutes and on the fourth one going in he sat on his goal line and cried his eyes out, his manager tried to console him from behind the goal but the keeper shouted at the top of his voice "oh! f*** off you w*****, i've had enough of this s***. The manager immediatley subbed him and apologised to me for the outburst(of course play was already stopped) he said the keeper was his son and it was the first time he'd let goals in all day... but he wouldn't be playing for his team again.....oh! they didn't progress through the tournament....

Back