A&H

Junior/Youth A question...

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
So... U16 county cup semi final... Kick off in beautiful weather then the English winter kicks in and drops to about 1 Celsius with driving wind and snow... Half time comes and the home manager (u15) takes his team off citing duty of care... Referee therefore abandons game as only 1 team left...

What do the CFA do here??

FYI this is something I've heard from this weekend and was just interested as my dad is secretary of one of the clubs involved and I'm a nosey person :p

Anyone had a similar situation??

The Referee Store
What was the reason of the ref abandoning it? Did he abandon due to the weather or because the team walked off? If it's because of the team walking off then I'd expect them to be kicked out for refusing to play

What was the reason of the ref abandoning it? Did he abandon due to the weather or because the team walked off? If it's because of the team walking off then I'd expect them to be kicked out for refusing to play
Team walked off...

I expect them to be kicked out too just a very unusual situation

Similar thing happened in York a couple of years ago. Not sure but I believe that the semi final was replayed.

I would guess 2 things will be important to the Cfa. The score at the time a team walked off and what the refs report says in terms of the abandonment and whether he agrees about the change in temperature and safety.

Mitigating circumstances on the ground of due care towards the kiddy winks.

Get both clubs in, seperately, and take their opinions and reasons for staying out / going in, look at the other facts involved (were one team losing 26 -0 then went off citing the weather ya de ya). In all reality, if it was "close" or a draw and there is no evidence of someone trying it on, or reasons for faking it, then probs a replay.

Any thoughts of foul play and will swing it one way or the other.

But if the CFA Welfare officer is not involved, the answer will be laughable. Making a decision without the expert or nominated knowing person, :rolleyes:

It's like when I abandoned my game in the 68 min but I choose to abandon because someone was going to get hurt if I did not

As with Carlsberg, Craig, 'probably'.....or even 'possibly' if you prefer the watered down version

Was this the 22nd Feb by any chance?
Most horrific conditions I've ever refereed in, weather was appalling.

Back