A&H

A pleasant first round suprise!

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
League cup game this morning first round, top of division 2 vs bottom of division 4.

I was dreading it all week thinking of a boring 16-0 type affair. Boy how wrong I was!

Kick off delayed by 15 minutes due to weather and great banter and sportsmanship from teams in dressing room. Game underway...

Close first half and first goal came on 42 minutes. The underdogs went 1-0 up. A small grin came upon my face! Half time whistle and div 4 team still winning. Both teams and myself equally shocked.

Second half was a great game too. Home team brought it back to 1-1 before in a matter of minutes the underdogs scored another!

2-1 to the underdogs! 80th minute cones around and the favorite's fire a rocket into the top corner. 2-2.

Extra time and penalties in my first cup game of the season between such a disparity of teams?

No. The favourites scored with 2 minutes to go. What a game.

Final score 3-2 and everyone on pitch happy with the game. Home team glad they came through and away happy at not being trounced. And me having had a great game.

90th minute and home gaffer running the line shouts across "yours getting 99 today ref you've been superb"

Another smile on my face

Final whistle blows and 22 players 10 sub's and 10 spectators shake my hand. 5 players in total saying best ref they've had all season..

One of those games that makes you think "god I love refereeing"

The Referee Store
Well done mate nice to hear a good story for a change .....beware you will probably be the worst ref ever next week.......:devil:

Final whistle blows and 22 players 10 sub's and 10 spectators shake my hand. 5 players in total saying best ref they've had all season..
'Last week's ref' takes on an unexpected and tricky new meaning :rolleyes: . How are us other Herts boys meant to compete with that?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturdays are mainly West Herts, though I've recently started on the County League too.

Sundays I stick to youth, either on the Watford Friendly or the West Herts. Though this month it seems that County Cup games are all the rage on both days! You?

Haha opposite side mate. East Herts and Hertford and district. Starting running line on county this month hopefully too!

Well, I'm off to Wormley tomorrow (running the line in a County Cup game) so I do sometimes venture out to the 'Eastern wilds' :)

Might see you at a future match, you never know!

Back