A&H

a player claims

andy love

Level 7 Referee
during yesterdays match i seen a player drop to the floor still as you like and holding his nuts, i stop play, ask player if he needs assistance, the player said yes please and then said ref he punched me in my nuts, well the way he went down and the fact i seen a arm swing back as the player ran into a sprint, i could not be sure there was any contact.

i approached the other player involved and told him not to worry, but the other player says you punched him in the nuts, that i had seen his arm swing back as he broke into a sprint, if you did or did not do this with intent, i will not tolerate it on my FOP, if i see this again i will have to put you in the book.

not sure i did the right thing here, any advise please!!

The Referee Store
Yes and no.

Yes you did the right thing by having a word with the "offender" but you could argue a RC for VC if you think there was intent there ESP after being given a warning. But it's def a YC

it was defo a tough one to call, i feel i was inconsistent during this match, i even gave a penalty for hand ball the problem i had was the sun was in my eyes even with my hand covering, and i seen the player make him self big the ball hit his arm and drop just inside his playable area, so i gave it. both teams at the end say it hit his back it was not a penalty, i at this point could only apologize, as this penalty ruined there game.

i also had a 50/50 between attacker and GK and although attacker scores he also ends up in hospital, it was a complete accident, and both player clashed, and i think a bone was broken in the attacker foot we only had 8 mins to play and i think this had a negative impact on me as i missed yet again a 2 footed challenge, only this one was right under my nose, and only had 2.30 mins on the clock.

think i need to get my mentor to a game asap.

...i approached the other player involved and told him not to worry, but the other player says you punched him in the nuts, that i had seen his arm swing back as he broke into a sprint, if you did or did not do this with intent, i will not tolerate it on my FOP, if i see this again i will have to put you in the book.

not sure i did the right thing here, any advise please!!
Fair play to you for having a word with the apparent offender. In this instance, I'd have probably said "I didn't see that player, but rest assured if I had you'd have walked. I'm watching you now, so behave!"

Again, it sounds like you're being very hard on yourself, as I said, keep sending me your fixtures and ill try and pop down to have a look

Again, it sounds like you're being very hard on yourself, as I said, keep sending me your fixtures and ill try and pop down to have a look

it does :eek: !! i was a little hard on myself to start with after the game, but i woke up this morning, and thought about it a little more, in my mind i think i did a 6.5 out of 10 my confidence is growing, i am a lot more vocal, my judgement of tackles is a little off, but i can't help but think that, that will come with more experience. i know sooner or later it will all click into place, it is the same with any job.

Back