A&H

A couple of decisions for you

Jacob Walukiewicz

A clip from a Scunthorpe United game for you guys, against MK Dons back in October. A couple of early decisions which from the crowd looked clear cut I have to say (I was at the other end of the stadium for the 2nd one I point out).
1) Second clip in the video (starts about 20 seconds in) simulation? Penalty? Or do you leave it, if you watch later on Red 7 is again appealing for stuff and did throughout the whole game (to the annoyance of me and 3,500 other scunny fans, a bit bias I know:p).
2) Clip straight after, looked like a clear penalty where I was that being a long way away, you can't see but although the ball is long and fast, the ref has a pretty good view and I think the assistant an even better one but I'm not even sure myself what it is. I keep watching it and it's one of those it could go either way depending on who you ask.
Not sure if there's anything else to see apart from the Iron making a brilliant comeback ;) but point anything out you see.

The Referee Store
First one is definitely simulation. Well done ref.

Second one is really hard to tell from the video - did the ball bounce off the back of the attacker's head (penalty) or did the keeper get a hand to it (not a penalty)?

Given that the referee is a personal friend of Brian Hamilton I'd say he's got enough problems without catching flack in this forum so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt ;)

Second one is really hard to tell from the video - did the ball bounce off the back of the attacker's head (penalty) or did the keeper get a hand to it (not a penalty)?

Given that the referee is a personal friend of Brian Hamilton I'd say he's got enough problems without catching flack in this forum so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt ;)
The attacker headed the ball to the left before the contact between them was made

If that's the case then it's surely a penalty?
Certainly what we all thought! You can see the nearest Scunthorpe player screaming at the ref and assistant and I can only think that they've come to the conclusion that the player ran into the goalkeeper instead of the keeper jumping into him, if you watch it, there isn't much forward motion and although he isn't 'standing' his ground he doesn't go into the striker. I still think it's a pen though!

He's a hard working RDO as well, so deserves the benefit of the doubt. :D

Back