Help keep RefChat running, any donation would be appreciated
I appreciate the feedback could you elaborate on this, as i didn’t have assistant referees for this gameOf course it was your fault!
I thought that too thank you for the feedbackI sense a bit of sarcasm in @socal lurker post. They’re blaming you for a poor performance on their part. Referee is an easy scapegoat for their hammering
If you have to operate without assistants, always make it clear to the coaches and captains before the start that your offside and other decisions will be made honestly and immediately, and any dissent will be dealt with.I had a game yesterday and the home team lost 7-0 they said it was my fault because I missed 1 offside nothing else of note really happened but they were certain that it was my fault. was it?
None of that really matters. Even if it was a blatant OS miss on the first goal, the R is in no way responsible for a team falling to pieces. Regardless of which goal it was, any miss was inconsequential and whining based on that is just stupid and immature. Indeed, absent amazing and obvious corruption, no 7=0 match that could ever be blamed on a ref. (Hence why I felt it my tongue in cheek initial post was not obnoxious--it is so blatantly obvious the referee is not the cause.)You missed an offside - allegedly. What was the score at this stage?
Was the game close?
Did the team crumble after this having been in it?
Or was it goal 3,4,5,6 or 7 and therefore inconsequential?
I read the OP as someone upset at the comment and wondering what to do next.None of that really matters. Even if it was a blatant OS miss on the first goal, the R is in no way responsible for a team falling to pieces. Regardless of which goal it was, any miss was inconsequential and whining based on that is just stupid and immature. Indeed, absent amazing and obvious corruption, no 7=0 match that could ever be blamed on a ref. (Hence why I felt it my tongue in cheek initial post was not obnoxious--it is so blatantly obvious the referee is not the cause.)
It was 3-0 at this point the goal would have been the 4th but they only started complaining after the goal had gone in which made me doubt the legitimacy of their claims. As for what I could change maybe ask one substitute from each team to run the lineSarcasm and cynicism help here sometimes, in terms of brushing it off.
But take it one step further, and break it down for any learning you can take.
You missed an offside - allegedly. What was the score at this stage?
Was the game close?
Did the team crumble after this having been in it?
Or was it goal 3,4,5,6 or 7 and therefore inconsequential?
How did you - and they react at the time? What would you do differently next time, if anything?