A&H

6-5 Observation

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Just starting the promotion window for 6-5 and I’ve already been contacted for an observation this weekend.

Obviously I’ll be refereeing the game as I normally would, but is there anything different observers look out for as opposed to 7-6?

The Referee Store
Just starting the promotion window for 6-5 and I’ve already been contacted for an observation this weekend.

Obviously I’ll be refereeing the game as I normally would, but is there anything different observers look out for as opposed to 7-6?

always worth reading the observation criteria. IIRC there were something like 3 competencies for 7-6 and there are 6 for 6-5.
They expect you to be tighter on the mandatory cautions for the technical offences.

always worth reading the observation criteria. IIRC there were something like 3 competencies for 7-6 and there are 6 for 6-5.
They expect you to be tighter on the mandatory cautions for the technical offences.

Yep. Always helps. ;)
The 6 competencies are:

Application Of Law
Match Control
Positioning & Movement
Fitness
Management
Alertness & Awareness

Under each competency you'll be ticked as one of:

Well Below Standard, Below Standard, Standard Expected, Above Standard and Well Above Standard.

Your Observer will, at the end of your Observation Report then allocate you an overall match performance indicator, as one of the above. :cool:

Agree, you wouldn't turn up to a chemistry exam not knowing your periodic table so why would you turn up to referee a game with an observer without knowing the competencies you are being judged against?

Had my first 6 to 5 observation this Sunday in a game I could of refereed from the car. 10 fouls in total all game. No incidents at all of any note. Standard expected though so ticks a box.

@QuaverRef how did your observation go?

Had my first 6 to 5 observation this Sunday in a game I could of refereed from the car. 10 fouls in total all game. No incidents at all of any note. Standard expected though so ticks a box.

@QuaverRef how did your observation go?
It got cancelled in the end! I was quite happy about it as one of the teams are notorious for being dirty so wouldn’t have been the best game for observation.

Out of curiosity, in terms of the below standard, standard expected and above standard criteria, what’s the minimum required for achieve promotion?

It got cancelled in the end! I was quite happy about it as one of the teams are notorious for being dirty so wouldn’t have been the best game for observation.

Out of curiosity, in terms of the below standard, standard expected and above standard criteria, what’s the minimum required for achieve promotion?

I agree with James, only in a more challenging game can you really excel and get above standard. As far as promotion is concerned at level 7 to 6 to 5, at least 3 observations being standard expected is typically it. Club marks are somewhat taken into consideration along with other info such as games taken on, admin with your leagues and the county etc.

Back