A&H

5 to 4 Mid-Season Promotions

RustyRef

Administrator
Staff member
As I said I thought would be the case in an older thread, the FA last night announced in an email to RDOs that there would be mid-season L5 to L4 promotions based on performances up until the end of September, with successful candidates becoming an L4 from 14th October. Only those who were on the 5 to 4 promotion scheme in 2020/21 are eligible, those starting their promotion in 2021 cannot be nominated.

The Referee Store
Certainly makes sense in the South East - big shortage of level 4s down here and lots of step 5 games so far this season being refereed by level 5s. There seems to be a shortage of referees generally - never seen so many emails with long lists of uncovered games, so although the right thing to do, it can only squeeze the balloon and increase the problem for leagues further down the pyramid

Any idea if they are promoting mid-season further up the refereeing pyramid - 4-3,3-2b etc ?

Certainly makes sense in the South East - big shortage of level 4s down here and lots of step 5 games so far this season being refereed by level 5s. There seems to be a shortage of referees generally - never seen so many emails with long lists of uncovered games, so although the right thing to do, it can only squeeze the balloon and increase the problem for leagues further down the pyramid

Any idea if they are promoting mid-season further up the refereeing pyramid - 4-3,3-2b etc ?
Mid season promotions to 3 out of our supply league pool will be happening.

Agree - we seem to have a shortage of L4's this year in my area. Most weeks Step 6 games are being covered by either L4's that have yet to pass the fitness test, or 5-4 candidates (likely those that will be elevated to 4 mid season).

After last season's stop-start it's nice to be busy and not scratching around for games!

Back