A&H

5-4 Assessment

Matt

Level 5 Referee
Hi all,

Posting on behalf of a friend who doesn't believe the mark given matches the report. If anybody could give their indication on what would be a suitable mark before I give it along with any tips it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Assessment 1.doc
    161.1 KB · Views: 104
The Referee Store
IMO, some of the advice is in the wrong section.
It reads like a standard mark assessment (70-73) and on what is written, I have it at 70.
Hope that helps.

From the wording, I'll go with:

AoL: 3.5 (could have been 3.0 depending on weight of pushing/holding)
MC: 4.0
Pos: 2.5 (Significant development advice)
Alert: 3.5 (could have been 3.0 depending on weight of not being proactive)
Comms: 4.0
Team: 3.5
Advantage: 3.5

Mark: 72 (max)

The assessor marked it as 68, 3.5 in all sections with 3 in positioning/advantage.

The assessor marked it as 68, 3.5 in all sections with 3 in positioning/advantage.
Ouch. That's a lot of ground to make up over the next 2/4 assessments. Unfortunately I saw the mark before I read the report. I can see where he has gone with the report. He has actually gone against the advice I received at an assessor meeting a few weeks ago. if you miss something or fail to apply law because you are in the wrong place, then your marks should be affected in AOL/MC/DM (Decision Making/Accuracy) with a comment in Pos and possibly F&WR.

If he had done that, the mark may have been lower. Time to push yourself a little harder.

Ouch. That's a lot of ground to make up over the next 2/4 assessments. Unfortunately I saw the mark before I read the report. I can see where he has gone with the report. He has actually gone against the advice I received at an assessor meeting a few weeks ago. if you miss something or fail to apply law because you are in the wrong place, then your marks should be affected in AOL/MC/DM (Decision Making/Accuracy) with a comment in Pos and possibly F&WR.

If he had done that, the mark may have been lower. Time to push yourself a little harder.

Luckily it's not mine, do feel a bit gutted for him though, took a very good average mark right down, he'll need to nail the last two.

I can understand the reasoning for the mark itself or being slightly higher or lower. Two final assessments like his first two will recover the average but it's still a tough ask.

Is your friend unfit?

I can't comment on the mark as I'm not a trained assessor, but reading the specifics the one area totally within his control that he got pulled up on was his ability to sprint to keep up with play and get wider. If he is truly fit enough then sounds like he just didn't work hard enough at the right time (i.e. when the assessor was looking out for a big sprint).

On some of my old assessments at L7 and 6 I used to get pulled up for something similar, and fitness is not an issue for me at all. It was just a bit of laziness at the wrong time, or sometimes not anticipating the unexpected.

Is your friend unfit?

I can't comment on the mark as I'm not a trained assessor, but reading the specifics the one area totally within his control that he got pulled up on was his ability to sprint to keep up with play and get wider. If he is truly fit enough then sounds like he just didn't work hard enough at the right time (i.e. when the assessor was looking out for a big sprint).

On some of my old assessments at L7 and 6 I used to get pulled up for something similar, and fitness is not an issue for me at all. It was just a bit of laziness at the wrong time, or sometimes not anticipating the unexpected.

I think it's probably a bit of both. He isn't as fit as he should be but doesn't tend to be out of position to often. I would suspect that it may well have been laziness on this match.

Back