A&H

2nd game in...

Bournref

Level 6 Referee
Hi everyone, had my first game early December (u16 league game) now I've been appointed to do a u13 county cup game. Any advice for a first cup match please? Who is the best person to get a copy of competition rules off of? Is their differences regarding reporting etc? Tia

The Referee Store
Hi everyone, had my first game early December (u16 league game) now I've been appointed to do a u13 county cup game. Any advice for a first cup match please? Who is the best person to get a copy of competition rules off of? Is their differences regarding reporting etc? Tia
Competition Rules will be found on your County FA website. In particular, check the duration of extra time and brush up on Law 10 (Kicks from the Penalty Mark)
You will probably have to confirm your availability with the home team and appointments secretary. Disciplinary reports via Whole Game (as usual). You may also need to fill in a Match Report form on the CFA website
Early round games tend to be nothing special, equivalent to League Cup games

Make sure you get team sheets, in my area the youth leagues do not do team sheets but they are required for county cup youth games and my Counnty FA do spot checks on the teams. I have had to send in 2 games so far.

Thanks for your input everyone.
After downloading the competition rules from the CFA website I have concluded the following so far..

Tie to go straight to penalties in the event of a drawn game.
Ref's fee a straight 25 quid rather than 20+ fuel in the league.
35 mins each half.
Need to clarify team sheet situation as advised above.

Anything else to consider, specifically in relation to it being a county cup tie?
I'm considering wearing my county badge for this one!
Looking forward to it.
Thanks again for the advice.

After downloading the competition rules from the CFA website I have concluded the following so far..

35 mins each half.

Anything else to consider, specifically in relation to it being a county cup tie?
Looking forward to it.
Don't get star-struck by the 'County Cup' thing. Don't get excessively nervous that the game is something its not
Just another game, albeit number 2 ;)

The county cups are just the same as any other game 2 teams wanting to win, just that the teams come from all over the county, and the finals might take place in a league ground at OA level. If you do get a final you will be doing it for the honour so forget your match fee for that day.

35 mins each half.

Looking forward to it.

One other thing to consider if it does indeed go to penalties.

If there is a sending off in the game obviously one team will have more players than the other so can get a bit confusing, each team must start the shoot out with same amount of players.

If there is a sending off in the game obviously one team will have more players than the other so can get a bit confusing, each team must start the shoot out with same amount of players.
And if its repeat substitutions only players on FOP at full time are eligible to take part in KFTPM

And remain the same number of players during (if a send off happens during).

And if its repeat substitutions only players on FOP at full time are eligible to take part in KFTPM
Don't quite follow. Only players on FOP (or temporary off) can take part irrelevant of "return/repeat substiutes", with the exception of injured goalkeepers).

Don't quite follow. Only players on FOP (or temporary off) can take part irrelevant of "return/repeat substiutes", with the exception of injured goalkeepers).

I think the point is just stressing that *even* if it is repeated substitutions, the same restrictions on who can take penalties still apply.

And remain the same number of players during (if a send off happens during).

Sorry. Was working on the assumption that limited substitutions would likely all have been made. Its normally only an issue with rolling subs.

Back