A&H

2 Standard Expected, 1 Above Standard

The Referee Store
Simon

As far as I understand you need to get Standard Expected at the very least, so looks good.

If you get Below Standard expected you may be 'Observed ' in an additional match

NB

Simon

You should be fine as long as you get standard expected and the bonus of having 1 above standard help a bit more. Go and smash your next observation game and your definitely get your 5

All the best

Steve

I got promoted to Level 5 with 2 x Above Standard and 1 x Standard Expected in a challenging game. For a while there were a few arguing that you were been marked according to your current level and you need to be Above Standard to be promoted but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Assuming all the other criteria are met, I do believe 3 x Standard Expected's would be enough.

I got promoted to Level 5 with 2 x Above Standard and 1 x Standard Expected in a challenging game. For a while there were a few arguing that you were been marked according to your current level and you need to be Above Standard to be promoted but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Assuming all the other criteria are met, I do believe 3 x Standard Expected's would be enough.
That's absolutely the impression I've been given - and as far as I know, there's no limit to how many L5's each county can have? Wheras I do get the impression that L4 promotions are simply awarded to the best x number of candidates, rather than there being any set automatic pass.fail barrier?

That's absolutely the impression I've been given - and as far as I know, there's no limit to how many L5's each county can have? Wheras I do get the impression that L4 promotions are simply awarded to the best x number of candidates, rather than there being any set automatic pass.fail barrier?

For 5-4 you do have to meet a certain criteria but you're also compared to your fellow 5-4 candidates. The demand for new 4's also comes into it. If an area has excess 4's and there's little movement away from 4 (down to 5 or up to 3) then very few, if any, from that area are going to get 4.

For 7-6 and 6-5 there is no limit to the number that can be promoted, and as long as you average standard expected, and don't have any administration shortfalls, you should be promoted.

5-4 is different as the mark is out of 100 not the new tick box based sheet. Which makes it complicated where candidates are going 6-5 with a view to going onto level 4, and I know some counties ask observers to provide two marks for these candidates - one in the new style and one out of 100. That means that should that candidate be successful in his 6-5 the county have marks to send to the FA for his 5-4 promotion.

For 5-4 you need to average at least 73, but that won't necessarily guarantee anything as they will only take as many new level 4s as they actually need.

2 above standard will mean a third observation is not needed from now on (and last season as well but wasn't communicated)

2 above standard will mean a third observation is not needed from now on (and last season as well but wasn't communicated)

I didn't know this. Is that across all CFA's? I've got two above standard under my belt already with 9 games out of the magic 20 quota.

I didn't know this. Is that across all CFA's? I've got two above standard under my belt already with 9 games out of the magic 20 quota.
As far as I know yes but it may mean there is reliance on club marks. If your County doesn't use club marks there may be extra observations required

Back