A&H

2 soft yellows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the word sarcastic is used in the dissent definition, I'm inclined to pigeon hole a sarcastic ball kick there.
In my head I am envisaging something which says to the match official, "you sent our player off but we scored still anyway ner ner" which am popping in my dissent column.
By a sarcastic kick I meant how it was kicked so far away, whilst celebrating… understand how it could mean a number of things from the outside point of view

The Referee Store
By a sarcastic kick I meant how it was kicked so far away, whilst celebrating… understand how it could mean a number of things from the outside point of view

Clearly, YHTBT. To me that doesn't sound like dissent. Sounds more like DR or possibly USB for excessive celebration. (Alas, "being a general knucklehead" isn't inherenntly USB.) It doesn't sound to me like it was directed at any referee decision, which would mean it wouldn't be dissent. But YHTBT.

But that doesn’t make sense. I am really sorry, because I can see where you’re coming from, and I don’t want to jump on the Standard hate train but your comments aren’t adding up

That doesn’t make sense, that’s nothing to do with sarcastic. Maybe if English isn’t your first language and you’re getting sarcastic mixed up with something else.

When a player kicks the ball away you have to look at what they are trying to do. Are they trying to delay the restart, and often in this case it will be a little sly move of the ball rather than an obvious punt, in which case C4 is most appropriate.

But when they punt the ball away, especially when they are annoyed at a decision you have made, and even you yourself say it was done sarcastically, I'm struggling to see how that can be anything but dissent.
Rusty sums it up best. If it’s sarcastic it’s dissent. I struggle to understand why you used the word sarcastic.

So technically speaking he had committed a cautionable offence that could be interpreted as C2 or C4, I had to choose one, and I chose c4.
You can’t clearly have a general dissent if it’s by action, minutes after the last contentious decision that upset the player. If he spoke and said something verbally that’s understandable, but by doing something, it can be difficult to sell a dissent for a decision that happened to minutes ago (obviously sarcastic clapping or a gesture not included)

And here this confused me as well. First you agree it could be given as dissent, then deny it is. What is it that changed your mind?

But that doesn’t make sense. I am really sorry, because I can see where you’re coming from, and I don’t want to jump on the Standard hate train but your comments aren’t adding up

That doesn’t make sense, that’s nothing to do with sarcastic. Maybe if English isn’t your first language and you’re getting sarcastic mixed up with something else.
YHTBT might be best here, it’s difficult to explain if I’m honest
Rusty sums it up best. If it’s sarcastic it’s dissent. I struggle to understand why you used the word sarcastic.
Sarcastic doesn’t have to be dissent, might have got my choice of words wrong but I still standby it being sarcastic

And here this confused me as well. First you agree it could be given as dissent, then deny it is. What is it that changed your mind?
Having thought about it, it could be dissent yes, but would be much more difficult to sell as it is an action minutes after the decision the player was potentially upset about. They have just scored and he’s launched the ball, sounds like delaying the restart, especially considering he had ran up from CB position, where he was playing. But then it could also be dissent, still happy with it being C4 as it was not dissent 100%

I would have gone for the sin bin option as:

a. it was dissent.
b. The player misses the rest of the match as there were only 5 minutes to go.

You have applied the LOTG correctly and the player has left.

If the same player plays up while sin binned yellow card number 3 comes out with the red. Easy.

I would have gone for the sin bin option as:

a. it was dissent.
b. The player misses the rest of the match as there were only 5 minutes to go.

You have applied the LOTG correctly and the player has left.

If the same player plays up while sin binned yellow card number 3 comes out with the red. Easy.
How can you say truly honestly 100% that it was dissent, we are only assuming that he has kicked the ball away in response to a decision I made 2 minutes earlier, hardly the easiest sell is it?

How can you say truly honestly 100% that it was dissent, we are only assuming that he has kicked the ball away in response to a decision I made 2 minutes earlier, hardly the easiest sell is it?
I am saying this is how it looks to me - but i wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back