A&H

1 Neutral

I've thought this for a while, it'd be a great way of freeing up 10-20 L6/7 officials each week at step 6 in Cornwall.
I think the flaw in this idea is that L4 officials need to have a minimum of 10 qualifying games each season and a qualifying game must have 2 neutral AR's I believe.
Yes but amongst those officials we do have some solely assisting. Well I know of at least one that does because that's what they want to do.

I didn't know about the assistant thing, but I also don't know how that is tracked because only the R is appointed in MOAS.

Also can't see where you draw the line... Do you start taking from step 5 too?

(welcome to RC btw 👍)

The Referee Store
Yes but amongst those officials we do have some solely assisting. Well I know of at least one that does because that's what they want to do.

I didn't know about the assistant thing, but I also don't know how that is tracked because only the R is appointed in MOAS.

Also can't see where you draw the line... Do you start taking from step 5 too?

(welcome to RC btw 👍)
If it was feasible then those assistants who don't do middles would be the ones to stay as ARs and thus freeing up the 2nd AR to referee a step 7 or grassroots game.

Personally, I'd draw the line at step 5 as it's all the same pool of officials in Cornwall doing step 5 & 6. Anything above this should then revert back to the 3 officials.

I'm sure I heard Phil Hiscox talking about it on the CS podcast a while back and it's all to do with qualifying games.

This is my 2nd fixture on the league - first one I had 2 neutrals.

I've just looked at the rest of the fixtures for the weekend's game.
10 games
10 Referees
2 games without ARs
5 games with 1 AR
3 games fully covered.

Perhaps they will chop and change to give 2 ARs across more fixtures. Unsure tbh.
So we ended up with 10 games, 10 refs, 1 game fully covered and 3 games with 1 AR. Leaving 6 games with CARs!

My game went well. Both teams agreed to do a half and overall were all well behaved towards the CAR. A few dodgy decisions led to some moaning early on but a reminder that they were part of my team and any dissent would be a sin bin cut that out.

I did feel odd at times during the game in my positioning, but overall I'm happy with how it all went.

Back