The Ref Stop

Recent content by Redref34

  1. R

    Open Age 'Get control of the game, ref!'

    Do everything you possibly can to prove you are ‘in control’ on the game. Loud big signals - even for non fouls ‘NO’ be the biggest version of yourself. And yes, the odd humour can help. Someone told me today to get a grip of the game and I repeated it loud in front of everyone and said...
  2. R

    Brighton v Arsenal

    this doesn’t enter the ‘excessive force and brutality’ catergory for me and therefore can only be a yellow card in this situation.
  3. R

    Junior/Youth Young referee – intimidating behaviour from manager & linesman. What should I do?

    Can I just add here - try to focus on the positives (I know this is really difficult) - it sounds like you handled these difficult situations very well - especially as a young referee. Comments like - ‘I appreciate your opinion but can only give what I saw’ is a really good calm response to...
  4. R

    WSL Crystal Palace v Everton rules breach

    Assumptions that if you were a manager you would a) know the competition rules and b) be clever enough to do this 😂
  5. R

    Arsenal Vs Coventry

    Precisely my point the other day on another post.
  6. R

    Fa cup

    It is one of my instructions to my ARs now. Do not let me restart play if you think I have made a massive mistake. I would much rather explain a messy looking decision when we got to the correct conclusion then have to admit we all got a fundamental law wrong.
  7. R

    New LoTG - Injuries - Liking it!!

    I just think there is still some confusion (mainly from non referee footballing folk, but also myself I am happy to admit) about a ‘stoppage in play’. Whilst I understand and have read the protocol - the situation you described still allows players to go down feigning a serious injury when the...
  8. R

    Injury protocol

    Yeh - I mean this was only step 7 but they didn’t have a clue and so therefore got very irate when it had to happen.
  9. R

    Injury protocol

    And as I understand it… if in this situation, the player decides to leave the field for treatment instead of the trainer coming in and there is no delay in play - he / she can return when ready and does not have to serve the minute.
  10. R

    Injury protocol

    Sorry another hypothetical situation here. Team are losing - foul happens free kick given, player needs treatment, player than has to go off for a minute because he got treatment despite the fact the team are losing and he has not wasted any time in the game? I have re-read the protocol as...
  11. R

    Injury protocol

    Great, thank you all.
  12. R

    Injury protocol

    So a player can go down and then say they don’t want treatment when the ball is out of play but play has to wait for them to get up and get in position before restarting - all of which could take at least a minute from start to finish but they don’t have to go off? Defeats the object of the new...
  13. R

    Injury protocol

    Thank you. And if he doesn’t get up that’s his problem..
  14. R

    Injury protocol

    But the team were ready to take the throw so I had to stop them from doing so to assess the player.
  15. R

    Injury protocol

    Thanks James. So just to clarify - Players can go down and waste time when the ball is out of play and do not have to leave for a minute even if you have to ‘stop the game from restarting’ ?
Back
Top