A&H

WOW

RoyCarroll_clanger-Spurs.png

you mean like Roy "man of honour" Carroll did?
As an avid United fan I can honestly say that the Assistant got this one right, you can clearly see the ball hasn't crossed the line. Brilliant save by Roy Carroll!!

The Referee Store
The only similar one I have had is when I was in the middle on my own and a guy has smashed it from 45 yards, it hit the bar and bounced down. I just stood there saying what exactly do you want me to do there, I cant possibly see it or give it can I? Funnily enough the teams goalkeeper at the opposite end had a brilliant view and apparently, it was miles over the line.

The only similar one I have had is when I was in the middle on my own and a guy has smashed it from 45 yards, it hit the bar and bounced down. I just stood there saying what exactly do you want me to do there, I cant possibly see it or give it can I? Funnily enough the teams goalkeeper at the opposite end had a brilliant view and apparently, it was miles over the line.

Goal awarded I hope. Next time, take a seat in the stands. The keeper's got this!

One comment I saw elsewhere about that video is that the referee had Club ARs rather than Neutral ARs... that may have come into play on the decision too.

Don't think so.
It seems clear from the newspaper article and from the video evidence that there is a NAR involved. You can even see him talking to the players from his position at the side of the pitch, trying to defend himself. (?)

The officials are in a no-win situation. If they had awarded it, you can guarantee that the other team would have been in their faces arguing how could they have given it from the positions they were in - no way they could see it cross the line.

For those calling for him to sprint after this.....how much closer is he realistically going to get while the ball is in the air (assuming he hadn't). It's easy to comment here, his angle obviously meant it didn't go in.

EDIT - appear to go in!

Close enough to see the ball enter the next and bounce back out off the advertising board :p

It's an unfortunate one to miss due to the presence of cameras everywhere.

Let's hope this doesn't happen to us eh? :)

I still haven't seen anyone answer my question as to why two players go after the ball after it? They go instantly.

On the reverse, surely you know somethings up when the ball slows down to that speed after though?

Hehehehe the guy who scored the disallowed goals name is noblet! ;)

Heheheheh

Watched it all again. The net just doesn't move. The penalty it shows, net ripples and ball flies out of the net (which is odd in itself). The lob? Nothing. It's very odd and I can see why the players kept running as its not an easy thing to see that the ball has gone in and bounced right out. They need to have a look at their net tightness and position of posts behind the next.

It's one of those 1 in a million situations. Please football gods don't let this happen to me!

Having watched the AR again with his explanation I fee sorry for him. Clearly he was being harassed at that point and his answer is taken out of context while flustered to suit the video makers angle that they were robbed etc etc

The key evidence as stated; the keepers reaction. :)

Edit: Posted same time as DB.

What I mean is the keepers reaction and lack of effort to get the ball safe screams out goal.

Awaiting 'you can't referee by reaction' comment from some clown...

For those calling for him to sprint after this.....how much closer is he realistically going to get while the ball is in the air (assuming he hadn't). It's easy to comment here, his angle obviously meant it didn't go in.

EDIT - appear to go in!

even getting 10 yards closer would have given him a better view. and what if the keeper saved it, but the ball slipped out of his hands and was trickling over the line? No excuse whatsoever. for the AR not chasing after these ones. He won't get to the line - but he'll have a better view, and if something happens causing a delayed need for a decision, he'll be there.

The key evidence as stated; the keepers reaction. :)

Edit: Posted same time as DB.

What I mean is the keepers reaction and lack of effort to get the ball safe screams out goal.

Could be a bit dangerous - if the keeper was unsighted and it hit the crossbar, he could have mistakenly thought it went in. I've seen defenders think it's a goal when it wasn't....

Back