A&H

Wolfsburg v Sevilla penalty

Penalty?

• Total voters
The Referee Store
The right to kick the ball does not nullify or supersede the responsibility for safety or duty of care.

For any further reasoning see discussions in the thread I posted of a send off for a similar incident in EPL.

The right to kick the ball does not nullify or supersede the responsibility for safety or duty of care.

For any further reasoning see discussions in the thread I posted of a send off for a similar incident in EPL.
Correct... But the contact is driven by the movement of the attacker in this one I feel. Then we end up in a situation where attackers just end up in the way of being kicked and the game becomes a farce.

Correct... But the contact is driven by the movement of the attacker in this one I feel. Then we end up in a situation where attackers just end up in the way of being kicked and the game becomes a farce.
Disagree. It's like saying a player headbutting another player's fist with his face if he is moving towards a punch.

It's not always that you need to worry about that after kicking the ball, your studs may end up on another player's shin. But when there is a good chance of it happening, you need to change your kicking action to prevent it.

Safety first, even above the game becoming a farce, but lucky for us this type of incident is infrequent enough for us not to have to choose between the two.

A factor I think has impacted the votes here is what's at stake, a goal. I feel that if this happened in the middle of the field, there would be more votes for a foul.

Anyway I know if be fighting an uphill battle on this one as English football allows a higher degree of physically.

Yes, definitely need that

My ideal var process is much more like that in rugby league or field hockey (appreciate they're both very different but they show that player and referee referrals work well) where the ref but know it's not very likely to happen
Simply by broadcasting that conversation (as per both rugby codes), then the participants minds will be focussed on getting the correct rational decision, they won't be just communicating within their own little bubble, and that in itself will result in better decisions being made. The bonus being that everyone else will then know 'why' that decision has been made.

Reactions: es1
Back