A&H

What's missing from your kitbag?

The Referee Store
One of the more amusing evenings of my life was at a film premiere party about 10 years ago. On the dance floor and realised I was dancing with her. Then realised that Jason Statham, her boyfriend at the time was glaring from ten yards away .... and was HUGE!!

Am I off topic yet?! ;)

He's cheesed off that she;s decided to dance with you - a fit, fun loving, dancing gent, whilst he sits, starting quietly into his wheat germ juice at the side:

And it's your fault .......?

A cheap comms kit is something I've thought about for ages. Decent ones are very expensive and so I think they would be a big gap in the market for a low cost, good quality comms set that could be used by L4's on Supply leagues and on county cup finals where 3 officials are used. It can't be too hard to do surely???
I bought A 3 Way walkie talkie with headsets for £40 off Ebay at Xmas, BNIB, works fine, just press button to speak and stick walkie talkie on back of shorts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Baofeng...635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edb9d2943

Those gigantic plastic cards available in shops like Direct Sports are solidly waterproof - would be nice if they were smaller and thinner.

You can get FA embroidered off of Ebay .....

as for radio - not on short range "limited" two way, or on CB. Limited is to range and the freq channels that can not be altered. Antyhting that can be altered to broadcast needs licence.

Don't you require a licence from Ofcom to operate on the channels those radios use?
You are allowed to use these as they are small, low-powered handheld radios that use a set of eight frequencies in the UHF band (around 446Mhz) to be sold and used without the need for any licencing. They may be used for both business and personal / leisure purposes.
Radios that meet this standard (usually called "PMR446" radios) can only have a power output of 0.5 watts, which means that their range is less than the more powerful licensable business walkie-talkies, that have power outputs of 4 to 5 watts.

You are allowed to use these as they are small, low-powered handheld radios that use a set of eight frequencies in the UHF band (around 446Mhz) to be sold and used without the need for any licencing. They may be used for both business and personal / leisure purposes.
Radios that meet this standard (usually called "PMR446" radios) can only have a power output of 0.5 watts, which means that their range is less than the more powerful licensable business walkie-talkies, that have power outputs of 4 to 5 watts.
The radios you linked to are: Baofeng BF-888S Walkie Talkie 2-way Radio Interphone UHF 5W 400-470MHz 16CH
These aren't PMR's - they can be "tuned in" to the PMR frequencies, but broadcast at 5W - and if you intend to transmit using them - even on the PMR frequencies - you would need a licence.

The radios you linked to are: Baofeng BF-888S Walkie Talkie 2-way Radio Interphone UHF 5W 400-470MHz 16CH
These aren't PMR's - they can be "tuned in" to the PMR frequencies, but broadcast at 5W - and if you intend to transmit using them - even on the PMR frequencies - you would need a licence.

Didn't say anything about needing a licence when I bought them , will check it out, just to be on safe side thanks

@Ross - to get back to topic - a new uniform holder (kit holder) !

The b+d one is fantastic and mine has been going strong for a few seasons. Starting to look grubby now though and the zip is failing (not bad considering it age and use).

Hi Callum,
Have you looked at the Yapalong 4000 they work in exactly the same way as the system used by the premier league but at a quarter or the cost. Full duplex open mic no messing about pressing buttons then waiting for a reply.
What's your job role at Yapalong Craig? :)

Back