A&H

What's missing from your kitbag?

Refs organiser for me Ross... Hard to find a decent one.

Also a decent card wallet... Using the Fifa one for 3 months and it's started to split :mad:
Although as I ref in leagues where teams have to provide team sheets with corresponding numbers... I am thinking card skins are potentially the way forward :D
smudger the card skins are excellent

The Referee Store
here is one for you, ross the the black and white whistle mr colina and the swedish ref whos name i cant remember at the minute used

:O

Always wanted a valkeen but just got mine delivered from @Soccer Superstore USA

Very happy with it and get to test it out at 1 :)

Having just sorted out my kit bag I think I'll be ordering an organiser from you very shortly too!

No real ground breaking ideas... If I had one of them I'd sure as hell have put wheels in motion by now :p
are they worth the money they just seem way too expensive

Haven't given it a proper run out yet but early impressions are good. Extremely easy to blow and vary tone but my only match using it was an U15s game as a favour. Will get a proper go this weekend with OA games and will write a report as a few people have asked me

Individual white notecards that are actually thick enough (like the b+d ones) but with a better layout for match recording.

Write on cards that can be written on with pencil (or even just a better layout of the current card skins)

Jofus - at the time of the famous Collina black and white whistle, I remember being told it was just a normal black fox 40 whistle with white tape on it as a mouth grip!!

Individual white notecards that are actually thick enough (like the b+d ones) but with a better layout for match recording.

Write on cards that can be written on with pencil (or even just a better layout of the current card skins)

Jofus - at the time of the famous Collina black and white whistle, I remember being told it was just a normal black fox 40 whistle with white tape on it as a mouth grip!!
aw cheers scotty i have been trying to get a whistle like that for 20 years

I need a new organizer actually, mine broke somehow but I've got one that does the trick .
I've been eyeing up a power tank pen, like the look of them. Been eyeing up the boot bag and wet pack as well, never got around to buying them cause the weather has ruined me of late and I've been getting very little money, weather is on the up now so there'll be an order very very soon

A cheap comms kit is something I've thought about for ages. Decent ones are very expensive and so I think they would be a big gap in the market for a low cost, good quality comms set that could be used by L4's on Supply leagues and on county cup finals where 3 officials are used. It can't be too hard to do surely???
I've found what looks to be a decent comms kit for a fraction of the price. Yapalong 4000.
Anyone seen or used it before. Price is extremely low compared to others. Any opinions?

http://yapalong.com/products/copy-of-yapalong-4000-3-unit-pack

I've found what looks to be a decent comms kit for a fraction of the price. Yapalong 4000.
Anyone seen or used it before. Price is extremely low compared to others. Any opinions?

http://yapalong.com/products/copy-of-yapalong-4000-3-unit-pack
HullRef,
Thank you for your interest in Yapalong 4000. I'm Chris, marketing assistant for Nautic Devices. If you have any questions regarding our product, feel free to reply and I can provide any information you need.

I'd also like to direct you to our Twitter page @YapalongNautic as well as our introductory video for the Yapalong 4000 on Youtube:

Thanks!

Sorry to rain in the parade so to speak but please remember that the FA has not sanctioned the use of comms kits outside of the Premier League or Football League except under the direct control of County FAs as part of training/development exercises.

So, just like vanishing spray, we cannot use them.

Cheap buzzer flags! Found some on Soccer Superstore - but can't change the flags from continental to quartered...

Sorry to rain in the parade so to speak but please remember that the FA has not sanctioned the use of comms kits outside of the Premier League or Football League except under the direct control of County FAs as part of training/development exercises.

So, just like vanishing spray, we cannot use them.
guys i am an sfa member so this a simple question, would the fa really discipline a referee for bought and used this kit

i meant a referee who bought and used this kit

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it's an organizer -- the more stuff I collect, the more I need to figure out where the hell it all is. Related to that would be an organizer that would protect the needles on ball gauges and pumps, as I seem to go through those things like some people change their underwear.

Now, the biggest problem is that you don't always realize what's missing until someone else tells you otherwise.

As things stand now, I carry the following in the kitbag:
- End pocket: Boots
- Main pocket: Kits, flags (in their own separate case)
- Side pocket (the one that needs organization): Whistles (2 on wrist-lanyard, 1 loose), two card books, several pencils/pens, index/recipe cards (for match cards), spare notepad, ball gauge, pump, competition badges, referee badges, LotG copy, sunscreen (seasonal), bug repellent (seasonal), talcum powder, tapes (white tensor, black electrical, clear medical).
I use a Snugpak Response Pak for organising the smaller items in my kit bag (in black, rather than Olive...). Great little go-to bag.

From an assessor point of view, an A5 clipboard folder which has built in stopwatch. Also places for holding more than one pen,

+ warm socks.....

Or an IPad program for recording game incidents (& automatically writing the report afterwards)..;)

Reactions: SM
I've been thinking about this. Velcro patches are an excellent addition, especially as I seem to be involved in so many bloody competitions now.

This is what I have in my own kitbag, just in case you get any ideas:
  • Warm up top (I have one from the US from a store called Athlete - it's just brilliant. Wicks in the summer and winter, keeping me warm, dry and even cool)
  • Compression tape (like a regular plaster, but it's great for leg muscles and easing off cramping after particular hard games, costs about a fiver for a roll of it)
  • Quick drying towel (this is able to live in my kitbag and I use it for giving the ball a quick wipe prior to a game or at halftime - I also have a much larger version which can compress down which I use for showers. It's ideal for use as a pillow in a sleeping emergency)
  • Kit (As normal)
  • Whistle
  • Watch(es)
  • Air gauge
  • Double pump
  • Flags (love the old Official Sports ones - the grip is often commented upon with pleasure by Club assistants as they're more comfortable and they don't think I'm mugging them off with cheap tat. The flags are also massive and not as easily missed.)
  • iPhone holder for running (Ties onto my arm and will snugly fit a mobile phone, if you don't have a secure changing room or no car to leave it in. Also will comfortably hold the signal box for electronic flags)
I've probably left something out though.

Back