A&H

Weird technical one with equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you've quite finished kiddies. Tone it down or we can put a fork in this one.

The Referee Store
Aye, keyboard warrior there needs a chill pill.

You check footwear at your games including weather conditions

I will continue to do as has served me well

You are both looking at it from two extremes. Of course you wouldn't allow slippers to be worn, but equally you couldn't realistically prevent a player from wearing trainers on a slippy pitch, and David Elleray has confirmed this.

You check the footwear, if it is dangerous to opponents he doesn't wear it. If it's going to make him slide around like Bambi on ice leave him to it and have a chuckle at his expense.

All that said, modern boots are little more than slippers with studs on the bottom anyway ... :)

Anyone else on here except Ciley Myrus and myself find the use of derogatory terms like "clampit" offensive?
Poor form to lower your standards and be abusive to one another, don't we get enough of that from the players and public in General?

Anyone else on here except Ciley Myrus and myself find the use of derogatory terms like "clampit" offensive?
Poor form to lower your standards and be abusive to one another, don't we get enough of that from the players and public in General?

If I knew what a "clampit" was......I might be able to decide if I was bothered enough to be offended?

There is a lot of personal comments made by the gentleman and references to motives for being a match official. He has his point re weather relative footwear and I have mine. It should be left at that.

Oh and plus I have forgotten more about refereeing than any attributes, ability or knowledge that he may have.

Ditto

Although I did see Sheff guy being warned re his take on a football team name but his xenophobic comments went unchallanged so maybe its just whatever suits

OK, I didn't know what it meant either. Google is my friend, so now I do, and the offending post has been deleted.

Ditto

Although I did see Sheff guy being warned re his take on a football team name but his xenophobic comments went unchallanged so maybe its just whatever suits

I'm not entirely sure what post you are talking about. You have a report button available to you though, if you aren't happy with something then use it and we will look at it.

I did report it. He referred to Scottish folk as quote, Jocks

Few days later, he seemed to get publically told off for referring to a team but in another name, cant mind exact but same as someone calling. Quote. Arsenal as Woolich or whatever

Which seemed to me like it was ok to be xenophobic but not ok to refer to a football team under another name

Anyway am just digging out my thigh highs for tomorrows game

I did report it. He referred to Scottish folk as quote, Jocks

Few days later, he seemed to get publically told off for referring to a team but in another name, cant mind exact but same as someone calling. Quote. Arsenal as Woolich or whatever

Which seemed to me like it was ok to be xenophobic but not ok to refer to a football team under another name

Anyway am just digging out my thigh highs for tomorrows game
I think you'll find a lot of "Scottish folk" quite like the term Jock, it's really more of an endearment than anything offensive......

Calling someone from Scotland a Jock is the equivalent to calling a German a Nazi, at least according to Ofcom. It pisses me off when people refer to me as a 'Jock' - you don't see me going around calling everyone Taffs or Limey.

Why is that so difficult for people who aren't Scottish to understand?

The original purpose of this topic has long since finished, so it is closed.

If you want continue the debate on footwear suitability, start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back