A&H

U15 game

The Referee Store
Abusive towards me red all day long. Even at 9 aside or lower. I manage mini soccer games but there are some offences a red is needed. At 11 aside no consideration for age. I am booking for dissent at youth all the time, and I have quite a high tolerance level I think!

You sometimes need some good comebacks to mild dissent...... :)
If a player thinks you are useless: Turn it around and tell him that the League have a regular meeting and match the standard of the referee to the players likely to be on show!!! (That will confuse the little cherub)
If a player thinks you are blind:..... 'Oy, and I thought I was doing so well without my guide dog, where is she, i’ll use her in the second half'!!!
If a player thinks you have made a series of wrong decisions: Tell him that your manager asked for consistency!!!! and getting everything wrong is a form of consistency!
If a player scores a ruled out offside goal and has a moan!! Tell him to look in the (Green Un) paper tomorrow and it won't be given a goal in there either!!!
If a player is always offside and has a moan! Tell him that they'll put an epitaph on his gravestone saying ‘here he lies, just offside,!!

Breaks the ice and raises a smile, if you appear snooty you can wind them up in other ways! If the can see you’ve a heart and a bit of banter it can help in other situations that may materialize.

Obviously this is for the milder stuff!!! Any to add????:p

Last edited:
Why didn't you give that ref? Because it wasn't a foul. Or that can' be a foul ref why did you give that? Because you played the man and got nowhere near the ball. Or that's strength ref, no it was a two handed push I was right there. Although you think after the tenth cry of " in the back ref" which isn't given they would realise that I am only going to give a FK for a proper offence and not jockeying!

The, at what age to start carding argument comes back as often as ' a Referee at a free buffet'... There isn't really a 100% correct answer, you can go down the 'they're just learning' furrow or the 'I card for everything' furrow, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle!!!
Have you turned into a farmer Giles yokel type? and when have you ever done anything but the latter?

Not done the kids games for many a year, I think my one and only card under 16 was for a little cherub twice the size of everyone kicking lumps and cynically hacking down players. After numerous warning and asking for his substitution for a calm down he succumbed to a lemon and then burst into tears. Bit like some of his victims most were about 8....

Back