A&H

Returning to Fitness

I will do ASAP.

It is currently in the form of 4 printed out sheets, the electronic version are on the old computer. I am in the process of typing them up so will upload them as soon as that is done!

4 sheets that's a lot of information, with you being a Level 3 what leagues do you officiate on?

The Referee Store
I would imagine that it is area dependent. WPL is already FIFA test and I know of at least two CFA's that use it.

@refDave - would love to join you, but Middlesex (Uxbridge) is the closest I think I'll get to Kent. I will have a 'training plan' prepared for the five weeks - although how close we will end up sticking to it I don;t know, but the wife has said she will join me.

I usually just pitch up at the nearest football pitch and use the markings on there as distances when training.

@refariiii - I would love to see the training plan you have mate. Am feeling a little 'in a rut' with my current one and would love to mix it up a bit.

They also have to sprint 40m in 6seconds as well.

Sounds very similar matt!
As a 7 going for 6 thankfully I am no where near taking that test!!
Need to put the hours in to get there!!

How much recovery time between the 40m sprints and the interval test of 150m runs and 50m walks?

I would imagine that it is area dependent. WPL is already FIFA test and I know of at least two CFA's that use it.
I was told to expect a fitness test last year as no referee in west Wales would be eligible for promotion without passing. Then i was told no fitness test for 8-7. Then an assessor post match told me that i would have a fitness test. However, no fitness test was ever requested and promotion was achieved!

:)

I was told to expect a fitness test last year as no referee in west Wales would be eligible for promotion without passing. Then i was told no fitness test for 8-7. Then an assessor post match told me that i would have a fitness test. However, no fitness test was ever requested and promotion was achieved!

:)

Sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen to me!

Picked up an injury today in my thigh whilst doing sprints. Applying cold treatment now for 3 days and then heat after Im just hoping it don't take that long to recover from it as I still have a long way to go for the start of the season.

Just don't be to keen to get running on it if it is taking a little longer to heal and end up doing more damage! I've done that with an injury in the past and regretted it. Get in the swimming pool while it is still mending also.

do you have a foam roller? I had one of them trigger point ones, very good value and useful for muscle injuries and equates to the cost of 1 physio sports massage! Would highly recommend it

Just don't be to keen to get running on it if it is taking a little longer to heal and end up doing more damage! I've done that with an injury in the past and regretted it. Get in the swimming pool while it is still mending also.

do you have a foam roller? I had one of them trigger point ones, very good value and useful for muscle injuries and equates to the cost of 1 physio sports massage! Would highly recommend it

At least a week without running I think :( although a few gentle walks just to say active should be ok.
I have never heard of a foam roller, what re they and where to get one from could be well worth the investment if it helps.

Swimming is a good idea never thought about it, will def have a few swims this week.

It was always drilled into me with muscles trains and pulls, that once it feels good to run on again, take another 10 days!

10 days!

Cant be waiting that long I am behind on fitness as it is without any further delay by injury, but will have to hold back a bit now, I'm just hoping I will be fit for the start of the season but its not looking good now.

I know so many people with strains that went back too early and just made it worse (myself included with a hamstring couple of years ago). We all thought it felt right at the time, but we was wrong.

Better to be behind on fitness at start of season, than unable to start the season.

Im just taking it easy no running today for sure and more ice treatment, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am hoping by Wednesday it will have recovered enough to do a light jog on just to keep my hand in. Then back to full training the week after.

These are the documents I have. They have been created specifically for me, so some parts may not make much sense for you. The 'Errands' sections in the Training Plan is basically a space to insert walking/cycling to and from work/school/uni etc. Also, to give you an idea, its is about a mile , running from 'the bar' to the 'harbour'. Feel free to use/change/delete and ignore as you like :)

Attachments

• Matchday Nutrition.docx
    13.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Nutritional Plan.docx
    19.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Pre-Match Warm up.docx
    15.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Training Plan.docx
    21.9 KB · Views: 16
Had a quick look, some interesting stuff think I will be using some of this and with a few tweaks for me should be looking good.
One question pops to mind about Energy Drinks, what kind are you taking? just I cant see things like red bull being part of it but may be im wrong?

Thanks for sharing

I know so many people with strains that went back too early and just made it worse (myself included with a hamstring couple of years ago). We all thought it felt right at the time, but we was wrong.

Better to be behind on fitness at start of season, than unable to start the season.

I risked going for a light jog today and felt fine, in fact felt better than before, still not back into my full training plan again yet and will skip sprints for at least another week so not to get a recurrence.

Had a quick look, some interesting stuff think I will be using some of this and with a few tweaks for me should be looking good.
One question pops to mind about Energy Drinks, what kind are you taking? just I cant see things like red bull being part of it but may be im wrong?

Thanks for sharing
Lucozade sport / gatorade. The non-fizzy stuff.

Back