A&H

Referees responsibility

The Referee Store
nobody suggested you had "done badly" buddy. just that sometimes we need to make sure that we recognise when a situation is heating up. in my playing experience i never swore at a ref but i did swear in frustration at decisions going against me, or the ineptitude of my team mates!

i don't do youth football though so maybe the younger players are less respectful than the adults.

Rich, do you do that goalkeeper thing where, after making a great save, you just put your crazy face on and shout at all your defenders regardless of what has gone before

;)

nobody suggested you had "done badly" buddy. just that sometimes we need to make sure that we recognise when a situation is heating up. in my playing experience i never swore at a ref but i did swear in frustration at decisions going against me, or the ineptitude of my team mates!

i don't do youth football though so maybe the younger players are less respectful than the adults.

I know what your saying rich and I do reflect on my performance and see if I could've handled the situation better, I just don't take into account people swearing at me as something I can prevent. I didn't mean "done badly" what I meant was I don't see any excuse for swearing at me, no matter what I have done.

And @haywain I think you either misquoted me or misunderstood me ;)
I have never sworn at a referee.
And I have never been disrespectful to a ref.

Nope, not my responsibility otherwise I would be derelict in my duty for sending someone off. It is, however, my responsibility to ensure that the players who do remain on the pitch deserve to do so. It is also my job to manage the players to the best of my ability.

Back