A&H

Red card Wrexham FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Hard to tell if there was any contact even after watching it a few times. Regardless of contact, wouldn't it be a red due to "excess force or brutality"?

That's a daft red however you look at it.

Incident at 1.45.

For me it's a yellow and the keeper for simulation too.

http://www.doverathletic.com/news/match-highlights-dover-v-wrexham/
Kicking an opponent when not challenging for the ball is always likely to draw a red card in the professional game
This incident doesn't marry with the terms excessive force or brutality, but nor does it fit with reckless play or aggressive attitude
I fancy the ref would've been marked down if the red card was not produced

It's definitely a card BUT the reaction of the keeper is ridiculous. He got up within seconds once the red card was shown (ny brother was at the game). The keeper is trying to con the ref about the impact IMO.

It's definitely a card BUT the reaction of the keeper is ridiculous. He got up within seconds once the red card was shown (ny brother was at the game). The keeper is trying to con the ref about the impact IMO.
The GK is cheating... Fact
I wish football was different. The ref had no choice however, with the way the game is. The action of kicking an opponent has consequences because it can't be denied. The action of cheating is without consequence, because it can be denied and the ref can't do much about it

The GK is cheating... Fact
I wish football was different. The ref had no choice however, with the way the game is. The action of kicking an opponent has consequences because it can't be denied. The action of cheating is without consequence, because it can be denied and the ref can't do much about it

The GK has reacted disproportionately to the amount of force used in the offence, however that's not cheating.

Cheating would be trying to con the referee that contact had been made, when it hadn't.

Reality is that the Wrexham 11 has caused the situation with his action, which in the context of the laws has to be classed as VC.

The GK has reacted disproportionately to the amount of force used in the offence, however that's not cheating.

Cheating would be trying to con the referee that contact had been made, when it hadn't.

Reality is that the Wrexham 11 has caused the situation with his action, which in the context of the laws has to be classed as VC.
Cheating. Any other description normalises cheating
The game comes up with words like 'simulation', to protect football's image, instead of actually doing something about pathetic behaviour
When I see this nonsense in my son's U10's team, it makes me sick

Deep Yellow for me and a sound b0llocking, he’d walk next foot he put wrong. I think we need to save the words brutal and excessive for the other more severe misdemeanours...

Last edited:
Deep Yellow for me and a sound b0llocking, he’d walk next foot he poor wrong. I think we need to save the words brutal and excessive for the other more severe misdemeanours...
I think that 'dressing down' would work in an otherwise tame Sunday League game, but only in the absence of an assessor!
I sent a kid off last season for a carbon copy kick, so my bar has already been set
Back to the OP, the GK instigated things with a bit of a push. Given my disdain at his subsequent antics, I'd like to think I'd have him in the book for USB, aggravated by my disgust

If you're giving red, explain to me how that little trip/kick is violent/brutal. (I know it's the expected decision)

Violent - "using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something."
Brutality - "savage physical violence; great cruelty."

If he intended to hurt, he did a bad job.

It's an unsporting trip for me.

Red correct decision. No other option here. Keeper has over reacted but has not deceived the referee so I won't call it cheating.

Decpite the correct decision I'd still be marking the ref down for the very poor VC red card delivery. He is lucky he didn't get a mass con. He's let the offender to walk to him 15 yards. He has to get to the spot in a flash.

Cheating. Any other description normalises cheating
The game comes up with words like 'simulation', to protect football's image, instead of actually doing something about pathetic behaviour
When I see this nonsense in my son's U10's team, it makes me sick

I agree on simulation, which is pretending something had happened when it did not and would also like to see stronger sanctions for it.

However in this case what the GK has done is EMPHASIZED the kick from the striker to ensure that the referee has seen it and acted on it, that is not simulation.

Red correct decision. No other option here. Keeper has over reacted but has not deceived the referee so I won't call it cheating.

Decpite the correct decision I'd still be marking the ref down for the very poor VC red card delivery. He is lucky he didn't get a mass con. He's let the offender to walk to him 15 yards. He has to get to the spot in a flash.

This is spot on. I can only think that the ref was giving himself a few seconds to be sure of what he'd seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back