A&H

Promotion

But if you say no be prepared to say why the date is open on MOAS if you cant do it.
This is good advice.

If you get a call at lunch time for a match the same evening (has happened to me once) and the answer is I would have been available if I had known yesterday, but I can't get away from work early enough at such short notice, no-one is going to be surprised or upset. If you take the call sat on a beach in Mykonos, expect something else !

The Referee Store
I'm 7th on Observations, but 70th percentile on Club Marks..... So I'm out the running. At least I'm not even thinking about Inbox

I enjoyed the end-of-season when I dropped back to help out with some 'problem games' at County Level. Troublesome Clubs and a Sunday League Title decider between two sets of Neanderthals. I excelled in those games to the extent that it got me thinking about how to take the same confidence into my Step 5 games next season. Not boasting as such, but I've defo room to improve into the same space at the higher level

I once got a call at 4pm on a Monday, which went along the lines of ...

FA: What are you going tonight
Me: Not much watching the TV football
FA: not anymore, you are off to referee an FA Vase game.

It was only 10 miles away, but in London that can easily be 2 hours. Didn't know it at the time, but once I arrived I was told it was a rearranged game because the referee in the original one had been incorrect in law, something related to extra time when it should or shouldn't have been played. The original referee had been left on it and one or both of the teams had kicked off about that, so they needed a last minute replacement. The game actually went really well, but I was totally unprepared, I hadn't eaten properly, and it goes down to good luck.

My date was open though, and the moral of the story is if you leave your date open you can get a very late call up.

Back