A&H

Man City Vs Tottenham

I'd be very interested to see this but if it's training material for the top 0.01% of refs I think "well known" is a stretch.
If English refs have been specifically intructed to caution for this then I can't blame them.
The good book absolutely does not require a caution, and given the fact a foul tackle is now almost always not a caution, caution for handball is completely inconsistent and illogical.

Ive received that instruction in online training seminars as a grassroots ref in the US. So maybe your ire should be sent towards the training provided by the FA of County FAs.

The Referee Store
My understanding is if the shot / cross/ header / etc is on target FIFA and UEFA recommend a caution. But that wasn't the case tonight, it was a cross rather than a shot so I don't see any argument for a caution.

If the handling stops or interferes with a promising attack then it's a mandatory caution. In law a penalty doesn't restore a promising attack after a handball.

Generally a cross going towards a teammate 6-yards from goal is going to considered a promising attack. As this was given via VAR he's got the benefit of seeing the cross is likely to have been intercepted by a defender.

Last edited:
Was a time in La Liga every handball was followed by a yellow, not necessarily agreeing with it, just asking the question as it looked utterly ridiculous defending with the hand coming down towards the ball from over the head...

Kane wearing tape on wedding ring finger. Protecting an infection or PL turning a blind eye? Taylor was generous in turning a blind eye to Kane's timewasting, when he continued to run 20/30 yards with the ball after the whistle had blown then kicking it beyond Ederson.
IFAB/FIFA have been working to stop those automatic yellows for some time.

It's not uncommon for players to wear tape when they take off their wedding ring. Not an issue.

News to me. Can you post a link to this info please

I have also been on a bathroom break at the time of this memo beimg read out

Can only guess its used somewhere to justify the pk call, a tremd that thankfully has died out after surfacing for all pks ( as good as) about ten year ago

My understanding is if the shot / cross/ header / etc is on target FIFA and UEFA recommend a caution. But that wasn't the case tonight, it was a cross rather than a shot so I don't see any argument for a caution.
Yet at my 5-to-4 seminar there was a long discussion about how a caution for HB for a shot on target is not SPA for that sole reason
That's partly why refereeing is so screwed up. Besides what % of refs get UEFA and FIFA guidelines in their Inbox? I give what I want and prey the Observer agrees, cos that's where the game is

Yet at my 5-to-4 seminar there was a long discussion about how a caution for HB for a shot on target is not SPA for that sole reason
That's partly why refereeing is so screwed up. Besides what % of refs get UEFA and FIFA guidelines in their Inbox? I give what I want and prey the Observer agrees, cos that's where the game is
That old adage of "what does the game expect?" but the suits try and tinker it every six months.

Was a time in La Liga every handball was followed by a yellow, not necessarily agreeing with it, just asking the question as it looked utterly ridiculous defending with the hand coming down towards the ball from over the head...

Kane wearing tape on wedding ring finger. Protecting an infection or PL turning a blind eye? Taylor was generous in turning a blind eye to Kane's timewasting, when he continued to run 20/30 yards with the ball after the whistle had blown then kicking it beyond Ederson.
He's been wearing it for a while - lots of top players do.

Apparently :rolleyes: ..........................they do it to please their other halves, they take off their rings beforehand in full view of the AR and THEN put the tape on...................................................................................;)

Back