A&H

Man City Vs Tottenham

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Man City given a stoppage time penalty via VAR.

Anyone giving Romero a 2nd yellow for the blatant handball?

The Referee Store
Tend to find yellows for handballs in the box are given for shots on target. This was not. No card for me. What a game though

Was a time in La Liga every handball was followed by a yellow, not necessarily agreeing with it, just asking the question as it looked utterly ridiculous defending with the hand coming down towards the ball from over the head...

Kane wearing tape on wedding ring finger. Protecting an infection or PL turning a blind eye? Taylor was generous in turning a blind eye to Kane's timewasting, when he continued to run 20/30 yards with the ball after the whistle had blown then kicking it beyond Ederson.

Amazing game. Taylor did well.
Would like to see how close to offside the last goal was before the cross.

What struck me in this game - totally off narrative - is what sanctions could have been given for fouls during the act of shooting.

First goal, as Son assists he is wiped out two footed by Ederson. I think it’s cynical. On one hand, it’s a goal. But it’s at least a yellow card. But is there a case for a red card SFP and a penalty - wouldn’t that have been a better result for Spurs. It was worse than Pickford on VVD.

And then when Kane 12 yards out central is saved by Ederson, he is sliding, but he’s two footed by Dias(?) as he shoots. Anywhere else on the field it’s a DFK and YC. But nothing and no appeals.

I think “protecting” attackers in the act of shooting would fundamentally change football for the better. The laws are there, but they are not being enforced.

I've been to war on this forum regarding refs in England cautioning for EVERY handball in the box.
Rest assured if this wasn't a 2nd yellow a cuation would have been (annoyingly) shown.

Tend to find yellows for handballs in the box are given for shots on target. This was not. No card for me. What a game though

If you caution for every shot on target handball (I don't), then this should be cautioned also.

Was good to see a foul throw given as well. Can’t remember the last time I saw that in an epl game

If you caution for every shot on target handball (I don't), then this should be cautioned also.
Why? It is only a caution if it stops a promising attack. This turned a kind of vaguely promising attack into a penalty which is about a promising attack as you are going to get.

I'm not convinced VAR should have got involved here. Was his arm in an unnatural position? If so, where should his arm have been? I can see why handball was given but it's not a clear and obvious error in my opinion.

Going to bring up classic VAR inconsistencies...

Man city get the penalty - was daft to raise your hands up like that when attempting to close down a cross.

Arsenal denied a handball penalty for an arm above the head and out stretched in a 'Y' kind of position, ball heading towards goal. Hit on elbow. No penalty.

Litterally about 2 hours between them.

One given, one not.

Another different one.
Totenham had a free kick towards the end of the game. After a minute of stoppages due to injury, Lloris decides to take the free kick instead of Romero (ie time wasting). Does the lotg specify which player should receive the card in this situation?

Why? It is only a caution if it stops a promising attack. This turned a kind of vaguely promising attack into a penalty which is about a promising attack as you are going to get.

I agree it's not a caution.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy of cautioning for a handball in the box for every single shot, as some refs on here encourage

I'm on my phone so I don't have UEFAs RAP training material or FIFA Futuro stuff. But it's a pretty well known standard for SPA.
I'd be very interested to see this but if it's training material for the top 0.01% of refs I think "well known" is a stretch.
If English refs have been specifically intructed to caution for this then I can't blame them.
The good book absolutely does not require a caution, and given the fact a foul tackle is now almost always not a caution, caution for handball is completely inconsistent and illogical.

Back