A&H

LOTG Questions for Championship Goalkeeper

I can see why they needed a circular because the throwing object clause is listed in the deliberate handling section. This is probably something that should be made clear in the laws and not with a circular that only us idiots nerds on a ref forum see.
LOL. Most circular clarifications make their way into the law in the next release. Be interesting to see if this one does.

The Referee Store
LOL. Most circular clarifications make their way into the law in the next release. Be interesting to see if this one does.
I'm surprised we haven't seen the meeting minutes yet for the 2018/19 version of the LOTG. The changes will be fairly minor this year, but I'm curious to see the wording change on SPA/DOGSO.

(Designing tricky but not misleading questions is not as simple as one might think :) )
Well it depends which way he took the shot and where he took it from. If he took it from close to his goal line (within 4 yards of goal line) between the posts. Its always a retake. In a more common situation like below (taken from 6 yard line):

View attachment 1861

If he took it almost directly towards opponent's goal, 20 yards will take it outside the PA. Any other angle and it will still be in the PA.

We are assuming projection is used for travel distance. That is if the ball goes straight up 20 yards, it doesn't count as 'travelled'.
We are also assuming ball travels in straight line (no wind like Big Cats's question). Where the ball travels 10 yards from the kick and the wind makes it travel another 10 yards in the opposite direction.

So all below answers are correct:

- Retake
- Dropped ball
- Retake or a dropped ball
- (the complete answer) Distance travelled is irrelevant. If the ball bursts inside the PA then its a retake. Otherwise its a dropped ball from where it bursts.
You are missing one I think;)

Ok then. Not sure if this is the one you are thinking but we are really stretching our imagination here :) I can also be a corner kick if the ball goes over the 18 yard line (the one parallel to touch line), then over the goal line, then bursts.

I get that but wasn’t it stated that the ball left the area?

Doesn’t touch the deck but it leaves the area, just like if a ball is out of play doesn’t have to hit the floor if it’s over the line it’s out, I thought the same would apply in this scenario.

Oh lord yes! Sorry that's what happens when you are trying to read and answer while entertaining your daughter at the same time. I'm so embarrassed; you are definitely correct and I was so wrong.:oops::oops:

Oh lord yes! Sorry that's what happens when you are trying to read and answer while entertaining your daughter at the same time. I'm so embarrassed; you are definitely correct and I was so wrong.:oops::oops:

I know that feeling trust me :wall:

Not exactly a question in current lotg but, you could ask for an opinion on one of my amendments that i would champion if i was ifab

What would your feelings be to a change in the lotg that made goalkeepers exempt from being offside

A bit stretched i know but there is method to my madness!

Not exactly a question in current lotg but, you could ask for an opinion on one of my amendments that i would champion if i was ifab

What would your feelings be to a change in the lotg that made goalkeepers exempt from being offside

A bit stretched i know but there is method to my madness!
Why stop there. Let's add, and they can use their hands anywhere on the field. :cool:

View attachment 1863
IFAB Circular, 25 Sep 2017

What? :confused:

But... On the IFAB's own bloody website it pretty much classifies "throwing offences" as a handling offence. Same as in the law book... Indeed, they pretty much spell it out that the keeper can't be penalised with a direct freekick offence for it, right in the last paragraph?

Which one takes precedence? Would assessors want me to follow the good book or be aware of the circulars?

It's 7pm here mate. And I wasn't being picky. Genine attempt to contribute to the 'madness'

A goal keeper takes an indirect free kick (for offside) 10 yards from his own goal line a yard outside his own penalty area. He kicks it along the ground to a team mate standing on the other side of the penalty area. He notices an opponent rushing in to intercept so the goal keeper follows the ball. Just before the opponent manages to put a foot on the ball to kick it into goal, the goalkeeper touches the ball a second time and knocks it away from the opponent. The ball at the time was on the penalty spot. No other players in the penalty area at the time. What is the decision if

a. The goalkeeper’s second touch was with his foot.
b. The goalkeeper’s second touch was with his hand.
IDFK either way. IDFK correct answer to my poser also. Burst ball and maniac pigeon -> dropped ball, not in goal area (6yd)

Reds are attacking and cross the ball. The Blue GK dives for the ball and the ball ends up touching his elbow as he lays on the ground in his own penalty area. While the ball is touching the GK's elbow, a red player kicks the ball and scores. What is the your decision?
Goal. I did recently give an IDFK when the keeper had the ball trapped between one hand and the ground however (and the opponent scored)

Back