A&H

Level 4 Club Marks

I'm completely fed up with these at this point. Before most recent game right towards the bottom of the table for club marks, thanks to a couple of 70s, and a harsh 63. Tried not to be bothered, and focused on nailing the next game, friendly on arrival, good communication etc, and overall try to put in a good performance.

Most recent match had a team (home) whose marker/club sec I get along with, and the team (away) who gave me the 63. I had a good game, one poor missed decision against the home team where I was unsighted, and held my hands up to that post-game. Everything else pretty good, covered decent ground, no arguments about other big decisions. Handshakes at the end from both sides, good chat with home club sec post game, no complaints from away chairman/marker. Home side won 3-2.

Marks come through today, 68 from home team, and classified as a difficult game. Marked down for Big Decisions (fair) and Match control "good control was maintained in the first half but not the second". Everything else expected. Away side gave me...60.75, and marked as an Easy game. Poor in all areas, below expected in fitness. I did 11km. Away side didn't have any penalty appeals waved away, only 1 booking (home side 4 bookings plus a sin bin), and didn't moan about a thing.

Completely rock bottom now, and can't see a scenario where I recover to a score I'd be happy with. 1 observation and got a 72.425 so I don't feel like I'm doing a bad job, but now starting to question that! To be honest feel pretty disheartened about it, and thinking what's the point?

The Referee Store
Is there a way that you can write a sort of "reason why" letter demonstrating that, when you remove the outliers from your score, you score very highly on club marks and your observer marks are top notch?

Is there a way that you can write a sort of "reason why" letter demonstrating that, when you remove the outliers from your score, you score very highly on club marks and your observer marks are top notch?
No. There is no mechanism to appeal club reports
It doesn't matter as much now, preference is given to the observer merit table.

Back