A&H

"it's not the Premier League"

Yes.
I'm not letting one man dictate, and clearly the league aren't either, who I ref and how.
Good man. I suppose I was thinking it might have been more effective if the league refused to give them anyone for a week or two, but I guess that would just lead to them appointing someone themselves and more chaos.

Good luck with it mate - let us know how it goes.

The Referee Store
Good man. I suppose I was thinking it might have been more effective if the league refused to give them anyone for a week or two, but I guess that would just lead to them appointing someone themselves and more chaos.

Good luck with it mate - let us know how it goes.
CFA can actually step in and force leagues to appoint a ref if another ref were to complain he wasn’t given a game to them.

Just a thought, is “are you f***ing blind ref?” A red card? Or can you manage that better with a sinbin for dissent? (If the league does sin bins of course)

Just a thought, is “are you f***ing blind ref?” A red card? Or can you manage that better with a sinbin for dissent? (If the league does sin bins of course)
I’ll answer my own question, you already said, Scotland, and keeper was aggressive. That’s a perfect example of binnable behaviour though.

I’ll answer my own question, you already said, Scotland, and keeper was aggressive. That’s a perfect example of binnable behaviour though.
If we had a bin, I'd probably have done that, but it was the volume and anger that done it for me as red without the binning option.

Guess what.....

That game above (the "2nd game" from March 5th) has been re-arranged to today and I am on it again.
The text during the week was very short confirming the fixture. No real information other than confirming my attendance and time of KO. Good job I know everything else about the fixture.

Area is wet, had a fair bit of rain last 36 hours, so got a call with suggestion that the pitch is waterlogged.
I'd already been to the pitch this morning and said I thought the pitch was good and that the game is still on.

Roll on kick off :)

We await the report on the sequel. 😉

But just in case you've forgotten - remember, it's not the Premier League ... 😉😁

Had a fair few cards that probably shows I lost control and maybe I did.
Sometimes this actually signifies you did have control. I used to think this too but changed my tune. Lots of other context factors into it. I agree with @Tealeaf and @Gamespoiler above!

From that free kick, ball kicked in and player goes down under a challenge and I was perfectly placed to see a good clean tackle with the defender trapping the ball dead. Waved away.
In an intense game, this might take a bigger wave-away and even yelling "HE GOT BALL" to make sure everybody knows exactly what you say. Adds to your conviction and will help cut down on people arguing.

The keeper of the team who felt they should've got a penalty shouts on top of his voice "are you f***ing blind ref".
When it's that obvious and loud, sounds like he left you no choice. Not getting away with that. Probably a good decision.

Whilst dealing with this, another situation occurred with all 3 coaches on the pitch having a heated argument with a couple of opposing players.
Did you have ARs? If you're on the other side of the field dishing out a red, they need to step in and deal with this coaches/players situation until you return.

You can't be everywhere at once!

Overall, a tough game. Dust yourself off and onto the next! Just read that you have them again. It's an important moment for all us referees that we've all had to get through before (having a rough game and having to work the same team again). You got this.

Game done.
Few cards both ways but still a red - to the opponents. Both for kicking the ball away.
The 2nd one he took it on a few touches (it was clearly out, he knew it, I knew it (I had blown), but he was wasting time as at 2-1 with less than a minute to go, it was killing it off). But after the touches, he kicked it about 50 yards down the field.
Very easy 2nd yellow.

Reeled game in when fouls getting too many, and bit more careless bordering reckless with soft fouls. But some just didn't adhere to this so cards came.
Some felt unjust as it was their first or even 2nd but the game needed them.

The manager said 2 words to me, repeated 3 times.
Sub ref.

He got a parent to hand team sheet and money to me and none of his players or coaches came over to thank me.
Oh well.

Last league game for me this season that was. Got cup final middle in 2 weeks time.

Back