A&H

France v Argies

Yup... watching again... the order for me goes: small contact - maybe careless by def outside the box, then Mbappe grabs his arm, as they head into the box, that makes the def fall, who pushes Mbappe to the ground as they both tumble.

I think DFK outside the box for France is OK but the first contact is so little it's not nailed on. But Mbappe definitely fouls for me with the arm grab before the final push in the box so it can't be a pen.

I think the officials have missed Mbappe's holding here and it is a clear and obvious error.
You lot look into it too much - there is no way on this earth it is not a penalty. No way. I'd expect 100/100 referees to be giving that penalty.

The Referee Store
Mbappe was brilliant but he has been given that pen for the quality of the run - it should have been overturned IMHO.

No chance Rojo never ever in a realistic position to win the ball from start to finish first contact outside the box they make there way inside & he bundles Mbap over, as clear cut as I’ve seen all tournament.

Had the referee not given it VAR would most certainly have picked it up.

I've watched it again and the first foul should be given... and it's touch and go whether it is outside the box. Based on the angles I have seen it looks like Mbappe has arm in a lock as the enter the box. This is the reverse angle (you need to see the goal line cam for the clear holding):

(fixed the url. trying to show the still at 11 secs))

Probably because of the fact Rojo trips and pushes him. You are probably 1 of 5 people in the world that thinks that wasn't a penalty!
Mbappe grabs his arm and pulls them over. It's clear from the goal line cam. Trips him, really? I don't see evidence to support that. The first arm from Rojo is probably an offence and you could easily interpret that it was just in the box. But any ref is guessing. It's Mbappe who pulls them over. IMHO you can't give a foul for the last hand in the back by Rojo as Mbappe has just fouled him.

So, in the end, as said earlier, I would be happy with any decision here. It's certainly not as clear cut as you are claiming. Let's find that front view and see where Mbappe starts the arm lock;)

Santa will you please put down the bottle mate & make yourself a strong coffee ;)

Mbappe grabs his arm and pulls them over. It's clear from the goal line cam. Trips him, really? I don't see evidence to support that. The first arm from Rojo is probably an offence and you could easily interpret that it was just in the box. But any ref is guessing. It's Mbappe who pulls them over. IMHO you can't give a foul for the last hand in the back by Rojo as Mbappe has just fouled him.

So, in the end, as said earlier, I would be happy with any decision here. It's certainly not as clear cut as you are claiming. Let's find that front view and see where Mbappe starts the arm lock;)

Ref doesn’t get the pleasure of the different angles in super slow mo.

It’s a pen Santa all day every day & twice on Sundays

Reactions: JH
The contact forced the Mbappa's run to deviate to the right by about six yards. The view from behind confirms this a penalty was a fairly easy decision for me

Here's a view. Mbappe has Rojo's arm before they enter the PA. No pen for me. But quite possibly DOGSO-R outside the box first. Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 19.46.40.pngshot

Context is everything. I had a game today with a talented striker who claimed he was being held/pulled/shirt tugged every attack. I was pretty close all the time. The two times there were shirt pulls, it was him. The one time someone was hauled to the ground, he made the foul.

I think Mbappe has done amazing here. But for me, after a day of skullduggery by skillful strikers, I am very sensitive to Mbappe grabbing the guy's arm.

Show me. Explain why. I think I have done an OK job of explaining what I think. And I am getting back: it's obviously a pen, everyone would give that. You are messing with me right?

Nah. I've got better things to do than convince someone about a clear PK.

Santa it’s hardly a constructive argument freeze framing an incident that took place at 20mph.

Rojo shoves him in the back in the box, baffled as to how you can possibly come up with anything other than a pen.

Santa it’s hardly a constructive argument free framing an incident that took place at 20mph.

Rojo shoves him in the back in the box, baffled as to how you can possibly come up with anything other than a pen.
I would have given you the front angle vid but I only have a Nordic stream. You understand what I am saying. The shove in the back (which is clear) is only after Mbappe grabs him. I think the first foul by Rojo is the one that counts - and I think that is over by the time they get in the box - hence I think DOGSO-R DFK is my best decision. Of course, in the game, as said, I could understand, DFK either way, pen or no decision (as a 6 of one, half of...)

Of course I'm playing devil's advocate... but still ;)

I would have given you the front angle vid but I only have a Nordic stream. You understand what I am saying. The shove in the back (which is clear) is only after Mbappe grabs him. I think the first foul by Rojo is the one that counts - and I think that is over by the time they get in the box - hence I think DOGSO-R DFK is my best decision. Of course, in the game, as said, I could understand, DFK either way, pen or no decision (as a 6 of one, half of...)

Of course I'm playing devil's advocate... but still ;)

LIsten mate you stick to what you believe it’s a game of opinions.

Any touch by Mbap on Rojo midflow was initiated by Rojo himself in the first place, the final part of the incident was a shove in the back resulting in a pen.

So Rojo started with a foul & ended it with a foul yet you want to split those two infringements with a so called arm on Rojo by Mbap at 20mph in midflow.

Santa I’ve brought sum sh*t in my time but that is one theory I defo won’t be investing in.

Back