A&H

France v Argies

The Referee Store
Argentina are only a keeper & back four away from winning the World Cup.

Loui Spence looks as Spritely as ever on the sidelines

YC surely for Mercado - swearing, gesture and aggressive to the AR...

Then the goal...

The Otamental boots the ball at a prone player for the second time this tournament and gets with yellow!

Referee has to go home after that performance. Two easy red cards that he didn't give in the end. How he got away with that scissor challenge unpunished I'll never know.

Also missed quite a few challenges. Inconsistent for me.

On the brighter side: Mbappe was a joy to watch on the run... So much speed...

YC surely for Mercado - swearing, gesture and aggressive to the AR...

Then the goal...

The Otamental boots the ball at a prone player for the second time this tournament and gets with yellow!
The players no they can get away with anything

Referee has to go home after that performance. Two easy red cards that he didn't give in the end. How he got away with that scissor challenge unpunished I'll never know.

Also missed quite a few challenges. Inconsistent for me.

On the brighter side: Mbappe was a joy to watch on the run... So much speed...
I'm not certain on the dismissals. I wouldn't blame the ref anyway. He's likely been told to be tolerant/lenient as this is a common theme

Brilliant Pillard goal like. Rare to see that type and amount of spin on the ball :confused:

Wait...the French PK you're saying was a foul BY Mbappe?

What!?!?!
Yup... watching again... the order for me goes: small contact - maybe careless by def outside the box, then Mbappe grabs his arm, as they head into the box, that makes the def fall, who pushes Mbappe to the ground as they both tumble.

I think DFK outside the box for France is OK but the first contact is so little it's not nailed on. But Mbappe definitely fouls for me with the arm grab before the final push in the box so it can't be a pen.

I think the officials have missed Mbappe's holding here and it is a clear and obvious error.

Mix up between Argentina defender and keeper. Griezmann chases. His shirt is clearly tugged back. He stays on his foot and has a go and misses. Ref doesn't give a pen. The incident is not reviewed. And that ladies and gentlemen is why players go down like a sack of potatoes on very little foul. Had Griezmann gone down, he would have had a pen.

Back