A&H

Fixture Pile up!!

VAR will change the game for the worst!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
4 lines in 5 days coming up

WSL Development match today, L1 club college friendly tomorrow, Bostick u23 on Saturday and Womens Senior Capital Cup Final on Sunday - with the added bonus that the sun is supposed to be shining on all 4 - looks unlikely looking out of the window at the moment though!:cool:

4 lines in 5 days coming up

WSL Development match today, L1 club college friendly tomorrow, Bostick u23 on Saturday and Womens Senior Capital Cup Final on Sunday - with the added bonus that the sun is supposed to be shining on all 4 - looks unlikely looking out of the window at the moment though!:cool:

Ouch I did 300mins over sat & sun, my legs are still sore now.

Are you an ex Olympic athlete or something.

I'm happy to do 3/4 a week, never more than 1 a day though - I like to relax after a match

This long weekend I have 3 games :(

Saturday I'm definitely not local - 90 mile round trip..
Sunday I'm 15 minutes down the road and monday I have an U21 Olympian game about 15 miles away :p

Come along to one of them MIB and you'll see I'm a long long long long way from being an ex Olympian!:);)

Funnily enough I’m in Harrow on the Hill Sat morning getting a tattoo I’ll keep a look out for you on the local pitches, I’m sure I’ll notice you on the line with blue & white hoops running through your hair like Mark Bircham :D

This long weekend I have 3 games :(

Saturday I'm definitely not local - 90 mile round trip..
Sunday I'm 15 minutes down the road and monday I have an U21 Olympian game about 15 miles away :p

90 mile round trip ouch I hope you drive an automatic :)

Had to turn down this Saturday.

I'm booked for evening games tonight, tomorrow and Friday. I think four on the bounce is too much, and I'm going away anyway. I had a sports massage yesterday to clean out my quads as they were just one solid mass and bloody hurting. Now my groin is playing up, I guess age is kicking in. :cry:

Had to turn down this Saturday.

I'm booked for evening games tonight, tomorrow and Friday. I think four on the bounce is too much, and I'm going away anyway. I had a sports massage yesterday to clean out my quads as they were just one solid mass and bloody hurting. Now my groin is playing up, I guess age is kicking in. :cry:

So you won’t be getting a massage to sort your groin out then ;)

Sadly not - just hoping for not much traffic :D

Could be worse a friend of mine ex level 3 had to do a midweek in Gateshead from London, personally promotion and climbing the levels is great but Gateshead from London midweek I’d seriously re consider my commitment to the cause.

Funnily enough I’m in Harrow on the Hill Sat morning getting a tattoo I’ll keep a look out for you on the local pitches, I’m sure I’ll notice you on the line with blue & white hoops running through your hair like Mark Bircham :D

Saturday is the 'long distance' one MIB, so sadly you'll be out of luck!;)

Could be worse a friend of mine ex level 3 had to do a midweek in Gateshead from London, personally promotion and climbing the levels is great but Gateshead from London midweek I’d seriously re consider my commitment to the cause.

He must have been based temporarily away from home as they would never send someone that far, the travel expense would bankrupt the club. Even Football League appointments have a 120 mile maximum travel rule.

Tonight's game went off without a hitch, 1-3, no cards. Hate those games really, sod all for me to do but point for the throw in. :cry: (I'll regret saying this if tomorrow is an inferno match...)

Thought I'd bring up something, if anyone has any thoughts on this:

How do you handle being 'moved' out of the way of a player who is aiming to intercept the opposition. I had this today, I was in the middle and the play went wide, centre midfield found me in the way and so gently helped me on my way. :p Nothing excessive or over the top, but still, is this something that is frowned upon?

He must have been based temporarily away from home as they would never send someone that far, the travel expense would bankrupt the club. Even Football League appointments have a 120 mile maximum travel rule.

Yeah I thought it was a little extreme it was actually to run the line I believe.

Anyway he’s only late thirtys now and I don’t think he’s refereeing at all now, to get that far and then jack seems bizarre.

Actually come to think of it, I’ve spoken to quite a few ex level 4’s that have dropped back down due to the commitment side of it.

Yeah I thought it was a little extreme it was actually to run the line I believe.

Anyway he’s only late thirtys now and I don’t think he’s refereeing at all now, to get that far and then jack seems bizarre.

Actually come to think of it, I’ve spoken to quite a few ex level 4’s that have dropped back down due to the commitment side of it.

Me as well. Had 5 years at L4 then 5 at L3, but quit from the system at 42 years old. Had a long period out injured and realised how less stressed I was at not having to get to games, especially midweek, so quit. I work in the city, so senior refereeing was always a problem as can't drive to work, meaning I had an hour journey home before I even got to the car to set off for the game.

Me as well. Had 5 years at L4 then 5 at L3, but quit from the system at 42 years old. Had a long period out injured and realised how less stressed I was at not having to get to games, especially midweek, so quit. I work in the city, so senior refereeing was always a problem as can't drive to work, meaning I had an hour journey home before I even got to the car to set off for the game.

Level3 wow.. you really can ref then I won’t pick an argument with you Rusty lol.

Yeah I think once it gets to that level it is your life & I guess everything comes second to refereeing.

Back