A&H

Fixture Pile up!!

HarryD

Feel like I've accepted too many appointments here...

Tomorrow night on the line
Wednesday night got a cup game middle
Thursday night got an Isthmian development game
Saturday and Sunday park football

Next tuesday cup final middle
Next wednesday potentially spicy game in the middle
Next thursday got another isthmian development game

I've closed next weekend!!

Good thing I'm young and fit :D

The Referee Store
I'm not young or fit. :p

If the weather didn't mess things up I would have been doing:

A double header this Saturday gone (2pm/4pm) (P-P though :( )
Wednesday,
Thursday,
Double header Saturday 2/4pm
Wednesday,
Saturday,
Tuesday,

I closed the date for tomorrow, or I might have had a game then as well. :)

My legs will hate me after that run. Unfortunately, the more games called off, the more things are going to pile up. There's talk that we may have a Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday run if things keep up. :mad::cry:

It's all fun though isn't it. :D

I done a game Saturday morning recently, followed by Saturday afternoon and then a series of cup finals on Sunday, 4 games kicking off 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm. U17s, 16s, 18s and 18s. Was knackered by the end of the day. Then had a game Monday and Wednesday. The next weekend was more or less repeated except just 3 games Sunday instead of 4.

Sat just gone morning U18s afternoon middle semi final
Sunday 2 middles
Monday line for a final
Tuesday told the FA I couldn't ref the youth game they gave me at 6.00pm Monday!
Wednesday Middle
Thursday Middle
Saturday Middle morning line afternoon
Sunday 2 middles.
Most of these are youth games and there are loads of games still not being filled.

I wouldn't accept anywhere near the number of games being discussed here, on the basis that enthusiasm/performance must be diminished due to fatigue etc

I wouldn't accept anywhere near the number of games being discussed here, on the basis that enthusiasm/performance must be diminished due to fatigue etc

Haha, well with the weather we've had, if you look back at my post, I got to referee two games out of that. All the rest were P-P.

Last night was P-P across the county due to the rain. Today is at risk, as the place I'm going to is having rain/showers. In fact, I was last out in the middle on the 14th. (I refrain from posting status updates, else I'd be hit for spamming! :p)

Such a horrible stop-start season. :( I really hope tonight's game is on.

Haha, well with the weather we've had, if you look back at my post, I got to referee two games out of that. All the rest were P-P.

Last night was P-P across the county due to the rain. Today is at risk, as the place I'm going to is having rain/showers. In fact, I was last out in the middle on the 14th. (I refrain from posting status updates, else I'd be hit for spamming! :p)

Such a horrible stop-start season. :( I really hope tonight's game is on.
I see what you mean. This has been a season in which one has to accept two appointments to get one game. I did three games in three days last week and found it a bit much

I really don't understand how anyone can do 4 games on a day (even a weekend) and claim they aren't fatigued, either mentally or physically. Impossible to stay alert 100% for 90 minutes for 4 games

15 visits this week,1000 miles plus, Sleep,eat,sleep, SUFC, repeat!

Time to set up my exit plan from work too!!!

Two a week would do me fine I don’t think my legs could take much more unless they introduce segways into refereeing.

Two a week would do me fine I don’t think my legs could take much more unless they introduce segways into refereeing.
Wow, there's an idea, I can see me coming out of retirement when that happens......get another twenty years of fund raising for the CFA! 😇

Who'd need the VAR, self sufficiency with the right video feeds!
In principle VAR could work, the current diabolical method needs ripping up and resetting to something sensible with crowd participation and decisions made promptly and independently of the team on the pitch.

VAR as it stands is an abomination, too slow, badly set up, needs to be controlled by the on field referee, without interference from anyone else. Assistants may suggest the referee reviews but it must be his choice.
Maybe we should put it in the hands of the team managers? A review in each half that they lose if they are wrong..............

VAR as it stands is an abomination, too slow, badly set up, needs to be controlled by the on field referee, without interference from anyone else. Assistants may suggest the referee reviews but it must be his choice.
Maybe we should put it in the hands of the team managers? A review in each half that they lose if they are wrong..............
Thats different to the Rugby VARs, the decision is out of the refs hands, there can be many VARs in the studio, all better placed with multiple angles, involving the on-field ref is slow and cumbersome, I agree with the single review though, works in cricket that!!

Last edited:
Back