A&H

Fitness to start with

The Referee Store
Adidas to their Speed cell. It;s designed to go in the sole of some shoes BUT it comes with a lace attachment. so no need to buy expensive shoes, it clips onto your laces and records 8Hrs worth of data. Free online app keeps track of it.

And currently they are £20 - Bonus! just needs a battery every 2 years or so.

http://www.adidas.co.uk/accessories-micoach

upload_2014-11-5_19-13-14.png

@HRW that looks really cool, especially for 20 licks. Is it any good as some amazon reviews seem to say its not too great?

None so far - and that is Amazon you are talking about.

Get direct from adidas, from germany, 2 days deliery. I got the nod from local rugby team who got them as a trial from adidas UK, and turned their season around. even though not got GPS data, do you really need to be told how deep you;ve been? How hard youre working, yes, distanct, accelorations etc maybe, but positioning....

Bit much for me.

I had a gps watch when I was doing long distance running and training for that would be perfect. But I would be interested on how I perform ref wise, but prefer to 'travel light' while refereeing. So a have my cheapo Argos watches for time keeping which suits me fine. Even they bug me a bit so don't fancy a bigger GPS watch. So this addidas thing is quite appealing as I can just pop it on my boots.

They are the Same just one has pc usb receiver one has mac. So ors er whichever computer you have.

The ios one looks like it has the old style iphone/iPod connection (not the newer lightning connection) whereas the other is a standard usb connection suitable for pc or Mac.

My speed cell arrived today. Glad addidas put it in appropriately sized packaging. It clearly needs a box about 400 million times bigger to ship it. I'll have to post a picture later, it's ridiculous!

Reactions: SM
Apparently a box that size is required, or the cell can activate in the box and then it arrives with 0% battery!

Adidas to their Speed cell. It;s designed to go in the sole of some shoes BUT it comes with a lace attachment. so no need to buy expensive shoes, it clips onto your laces and records 8Hrs worth of data. Free online app keeps track of it.

And currently they are £20 - Bonus! just needs a battery every 2 years or so.

http://www.adidas.co.uk/accessories-micoach

View attachment 426

Well finally got to use mine today. I find the micoach website a little cumbersome. Also for some reason trying to save the workout as a football match just wouldnt work, so had to save it as a run. I'm trying to find how to display the info like you have in your picture and struggling, but hopefully I'll get there soon.

When you;ve saved it clik the Report buttin in the middle and it should bring it up so you can split it down by sections / pace ya de ya.

My Laptop doesn't recognise the USB when i plug the thing in.
Adidas have been useless trying to resolve this as well!

My Laptop doesn't recognise the USB when i plug the thing in.
Adidas have been useless trying to resolve this as well!

Is the battery flat as mine arrived flat. So didnt recognise it either. I must say its a bit of a poor design that you dont really know if its working or not!

how do you know if the battery is flat DaveMac???

Just replace it and find out??

bloody annoying, and comes in the biggest shoe box in the world

@svenny76 yup mine came in a giant box! I thought christmas had come early when my arrived, only for it to contain the worlds smallest box with it in. Rather (un)helpfully once your computer recognises it you can find out how much battery life it has. But yup, just went to the local 99p shop and bought a shed load of batteries just to check it, as didnt want to waste my money if the thing was knackered. IT would be nice if there was a tiny LED or something to show its on at least.

Since I got it working its pretty decent. As I mentioned before I find the website a bit clunky to use, but getting there with it. I was pretty surprised to find at the weekend, a very VERY (9-1) onesided u14 cup game I still covered 5.5km. So is a useful piece of kit once you get it working!

Back