A&H

Essex County Cup Final

The Referee Store
Oh that drives me mad!

I'm sure as well the team give each other nicknames that sound like ref

@Charlie Jones its amazing the number guys called Reg or Jeff or something like that who seem to play football. Worst part is you spend the whole time turning around when you hear, inky for it to be the manager shouting at his player. Then the one time you do ignore it everyone starts screaming as it is actually finally the manager calling you as he wants to make a sub.

One lad I reffed on Sunday was actually known to his team mates as ref!! Mainly because he is a ref on the league, but damn it was annoying!

DaveMac said:
@Charlie Jones its amazing the number guys called Reg or Jeff or something like that who seem to play football. Worst part is you spend the whole time turning around when you hear, inky for it to be the manager shouting at his player. Then the one time you do ignore it everyone starts screaming as it is actually finally the manager calling you as he wants to make a sub.

Always the way!! So f*****g annoying! Lol

I've been wearing mine every weekend to games and absolutely desperate for someone to take notice and ask about it, but no one has yet! haha!

@DaveMac - have you had your semi with your cup final team ..?

I had mine last Sunday - good to work with them and think about how we can do even better as a team next time

No, we werent offered that chance. My final is next weekend anyways so not long to go. Got my letter from the FA today detailing what happens on the day and the drinks and refreshments before and after etc. Must say when reading about the boots and jewellery being checked in the tunnel etc a wave of nerves hit me as its a proper game!

I like the idea of receiving kit prior to the match. Down this way, for CC finals, we have kit hanging up for us in the changing room on arrival (typically a jacket and a county-badged warm up top) - although I guess at least it guarantees we've all got it on the day, rather than leaving it at home!

To be honest, mine hasnt left my kit bag. My other top I'd use for warming up was a proper chav tracksuit top and due to my portly figure and being from Essex I essentially looked exactly like Smithy from Gavin and Stacy.

showbiz-comic-relief-james-corden.jpg

Reactions: SM
DaveMac said:
To be honest, mine hasnt left my kit bag. My other top I'd use for warming up was a proper chav tracksuit top and due to my portly figure and being from Essex I essentially looked exactly like Smithy from Gavin and Stacy.

Least I know who too look out for next week!

I'll give you a clue, I'll be the one all in black religiously sticking within the centre circle where all the spectators are booing. But a bit like Wolf from Gladiators, I'll just be hamming it up to the crowd and enjoying all the abuse!

Even better, turns out one of the teams is managed by a current manager of a side in the championship! It's like I've hit the big time!

Back