A&H

Essex County Cup Final

The Referee Store
Congratulations @HarryD and @DaveMac !

I couldn't make it there last night

I saw Essex tweeted a pic and a 3 sec video ... Good to see the room packed with so many top quality refs !

Looked like everyone was allocated a table to sit at - did you sit with your cup final teams ..?

Yeah there were ten tables of 8. So each table had two sets of final teams. My assistants seems like a couple of really enthusiastic Young lads, and the fourth official a decent chap a bit older than me. So really good guys. It was a bit odd having them asking what I want them to wear as in short or long sleeves or all black socks etc! I didn't realise I had to do so much!

I did indeed see @Alex71 and even more impressive you can see the back of my head in that picture and I don't look bald! Double winner.

@CallumRushton13 free bar and food laid on as well!

Wait until he gives a throw in on the opposite side of the pitch to you and go ballistic saying that's a terrible decision and then that chant.. I've actually had that chanted about me before!! Its quite funny :p

Nah just wait for me to blow for kick off and immediately start screaming that's the worst start to a match you've ever seen and start chanting!

@Alex71 you jest, I had one manager about twenty minutes in shout "wait a second ref we've only got 10 out there." I counted, was the full eleven. He'd only forgotten to count his keeper!

Also my first every game about ten minutes in the away team realised he'd only got ten players. Since then I've always religiously counted before the start of a match and hadn't bothered that day. Most annoying thing is I count them over and over and my first gsme is the only time a side has put the wrong number out!

DaveMac said:
Nah just wait for me to blow for kick off and immediately start screaming that's the worst start to a match you've ever seen and start chanting!

Haha! 'You call that a kick off ref?!That's the worst kick off I've seen!' Lol

Better yet, you could just be that one bloke at every game who shouts "REF REF REF" over and over through out the match for no real reason!

Back