A&H

DOGSO red right? Australia vs NZ

Remember he only gets one look at it and has to paint himself a picture at that exact moment.
Times have moved on with the invention of the camera and their subsequent addition to personal hand held devices carried around by many. Painting is by far the long way round when a photo would be much more efficient.

The Referee Store
The atmosphere of the match would have been in his mind as well.
This was the second of two matches celebrating the 100th anniversary of Australia and NZ playing their first international football match.

Before the games, there were teams of the century announcements, all sorts of awards and interviews with past players. They were also used as the Australian teams send-off before the world cup.

The atmosphere of the match would have been in his mind as well.
This was the second of two matches celebrating the 100th anniversary of Australia and NZ playing their first international football match.

Before the games, there were teams of the century announcements, all sorts of awards and interviews with past players. They were also used as the Australian teams send-off before the world cup.
Yeah it was a bit of a big deal. Like I said elsewhere I have no problem with the yellow just wanted to make sure if this happened to me in a game I was doing the right thing by issuing a red.

I sent 2 separate players off this season for DOGSOs on the goal line which was way easier to be sure of than this instance where the player was well away from the line.

I don't believe the referee 'waited' to see what happens. I believe this was the 'natural time' it took him to process it and blow the whistle. And of course had a goal been scored before he blows the whistle, he'd be point to the centre circle, whistle blown or not.

Back