A&H

County badges

BES

Morning - quick question...

Where should you fix your county FA badge? Left breast pocket only?

The Referee Store
Yes, definitely left breast pocket. If you feel the need to also have the FAMOA badge that would go on the left pocket, but IMO that doesn't look right

So FAMOA always on the left? Just I've seen pics on the FA website & as part of the training materials where referees have the FAMOA on Right Breast & County on Left?

So FAMOA always on the left? Just I've seen pics on the FA website & as part of the training materials where referees have the FAMOA on Right Breast & County on Left?
I've never seen it like that. I'm not in this photo, but this is from the Essex FA website and I think it looks better than the other way round:

thp_3602.ashx

alot of people have the FA one on the other side to that in the picture because the incompetent FA send their badge out 4 months (4 months and still waiting for me) after you qualify whereas the county FA give it to you on the day....

Looks like they've taken 3 existing FAMOA stock shirts and wopped the Essex CFA badge on afterwards

A couple of season's back, Swindump fans found their kit was actually old Swansea City stuff with their badge embroidered over the top of the Swans logo which was visible from inside! lol

Wear your county badge where your heart is, on the left.

I'm a new referee, my county badge is on left breast is this incorrect. As I ordered it and came like this..

Craig
I've got the 2013 Nike kit , as in my profile picture , I'm ordering the new 2014 Nike kit weekend so I have 2 kits just incase as I'm hoping to referee Saturday and Sundays ,if my badge positions were wrong I could get new kit correct lol

You haven't got it wrong with county on left chest pocket and also it does depend where your ordering your 2014 kit from

Like many things in life it's all down to personal preference. I prefer a single badge on the left which is why I shell out on a spare shirt for county appointments and FA games. There are plenty of guys who wear two badges. Nothing wrong with that.
As to which goes where, there is no official guidance either way. I'd suggest that the more important goes on the left.

Double sided carpet tape does the trick or you can get small Velcro patches to attach one badge to the right pocket.

Agree with Darren here with regards to Velcro. I have 4 badges which I use, so instead of getting four shirts, I just put Velcro on all my refereeing shirts and Velcro on my badges. I've just bought the Nike 2014 kit, so that will be Velcro'd up and will use that on all games pretty much - whatever league or which ever county I'm in!

Out of interest, does the velcro look alright? Or does it just look like the ref's suck his badge on with Velcro?

County badges tend to be bigger than the FAMOA one so if you set the Velcro up for the FA then the county badge can look stuck on but you have to be close for it to show.

Back