A&H

Correct Clothing

The Referee Store
interesting point ... does anyone actually know the main reason why we are still required to wear blazers and trousers etc to grounds?

interesting point ... does anyone actually know the main reason why we are still required to wear blazers and trousers etc to grounds?

Because it looks smart and creates a good impression?

Really don't know why others are getting so heated about it - its not difficult is it?

We berate players on here for wrong coloured sock tape or not taking off jewellery, yet some on here take being asked to dress smartly on occasion as an affront to their civil liberties!:rolleyes:

Sorry for the Padfoot like rant there, most unlike me!:p

haha you do make me chuckle @PinnerPaul !

I believe the main reason is that only smart outfits is allowed in most boardrooms across the country

We berate players on here for wrong coloured sock tape or not taking off jewellery, yet some on here take being asked to dress smartly on occasion as an affront to their civil liberties!:rolleyes:

I don't mind going suited to a game but if I were being assessed I would be annoyed if I were marked down for mud on my boots.

Not removing jewellery is a safety issue. It's not comparable to referees' dress which is simply a matter of appearance.

I don't mind going suited to a game but if I were being assessed I would be annoyed if I were marked down for mud on my boots.

Not removing jewellery is a safety issue. It's not comparable to referees' dress which is simply a matter of appearance.

and the sock tape and under shirt police?:p

@Trip ... you'd be mad at being marked down for muddy boots? :rolleyes:

im starting to think that us Essex boys 'reem' look doesn't end on the streets and continues onto the football pitch

Chicken and egg Charlie and why should anyone have to be smart in a "board room"? - which at most grounds I go to is only the room with the least number of damaged chairs!:D

I think it is more a thing of 'the higher up you go' - agreed though! most boardrooms are just cornered off areas from the rest of the bar area

and the sock tape and under shirt police?:p

I am not a member of the sock tape and under shirt police. I am an absolute stickler for jewellery removal. I tell people with the wrong colour sock tape that it's illegal and if next week's ref tells them to take it off then they must.

If you insist on sock tape removal what do you do when a player from the other team turns up wearing socks which are entirely the wrong colour? Quite possibly shorts as well. At my level that happens a lot. Pick your battles.

Depends on the level, once you get to contrib level there has to be a dedicated board room and most supply league clubs will also have them. Many are very strict on dress code, places like Wingate & Finchley and Harlow Town you simply don't get in unless you have a shirt and tie. At a particular ground one of my assistants was initially refused admission, and subsequently reported by the club, because he didn't have a jacket even though he had a shirt and tie (having accidentally left it in his car when we met up to travel together).

So that is the main reason as far as I am aware.

Back