A&H

calling all level 4s...

yep, you can really see which clubs mark 'properly' and which cant be bothered. I've had a few of these killer scores this year from teams who have won when I've reffed well...

also been hammered by one club with a 52...
That's mad
The 52 smashes the average regardless of how well you do in other games
Didn't the FA mention something about discarding such outliers?

The Referee Store
Marked a 61 by one club, with comments suggesting I was yet another ref looking for cautions to cost them money...

They had 5 total cautions. 2 of which were C6/C7 when they performed a sub before the assistant had even got my attention. Let alone gone to the halfway line himself.
and a further one for the bench during the same incident for dissent.
3 cautions for their own stupidly and they mark me down because I cost them. :wall::wall::wall:

They had 5 total cautions. 2 of which were C6/C7 when they performed a sub before the assistant had even got my attention. Let alone gone to the halfway line himself.

i guess the question here has to be could you have managed that incident? it seems likely that this impacted their perception of you and your mark...observer or no observer...could you have done anything differently?

i guess the question here has to be could you have managed that incident? it seems likely that this impacted their perception of you and your mark...observer or no observer...could you have done anything differently?
?

Marked a 61 by one club, with comments suggesting I was yet another ref looking for cautions to cost them money...

and a further one for the bench during the same incident for dissent.
3 cautions for their own stupidly and they mark me down because I cost them. :wall::wall::wall:
As an observer I'd be expecting the referee to just manage that, yes they have entered / left the pitch without permission, but that isn't really what the law is intended for. Once you realised what was happening just get over there and boss it, two cautions is going to kill your club marks, and quite possibly end up with negative advice on the observation report.

Reactions: es1
Just looked at mine briefly and then ignored as always. I know I know......but its all just nonsense and bottom licking.

Are the comments looked at? One manager rambled on for three quarters of a page just because I cautioned him for dissent (Lino on far side said it was justified as everyone heard it). But he took it personal and gave me a low mark in the 50s.

I feel they should have a refs comments box as some of the comments I have seen were factually incorrect.

I honestly dont think clubs know how to mark properly. Twice this season ive had clubs give me a 60/61 and the opposistion give me 80+. Clubs think every game is average and just go with expected that gives you a 70. Every game that i have been observed on has been rated challanging by the observers and I've got between 72.7 and 73.2 but because of club marks i dont stand a chance of promotion despite sitting 2nd for the calander year. Clubs are killing referees every week and they just do not give a dam as all they are bothered about is the money you cost them and the result. Lose and you get a crap mark as it is always the refs fault, red card forget about anything north of a 70. Really frustrates me that we work our socks off to get where we are and its ruined by people who wouldn't know a decent ref if he smacked them in the face

As an observer I'd be expecting the referee to just manage that, yes they have entered / left the pitch without permission, but that isn't really what the law is intended for. Once you realised what was happening just get over there and boss it, two cautions is going to kill your club marks, and quite possibly end up with negative advice on the observation report.
In my pre match I say have a chat before KO introduce yourself, remind them subs at halfway etc… to then ignore this in game? I’d expect to be destroyed if I did.

Here’s observers marking for it…

Attachments

• 5448933A-F5FA-4983-B018-E8B5DE1A7400.jpeg
    5448933A-F5FA-4983-B018-E8B5DE1A7400.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 71
In my pre match I say have a chat before KO introduce yourself, remind them subs at halfway etc… to then ignore this in game? I’d expect to be destroyed if I did.

And therein is a core problem. On the face of it, @RustyRef makes a good point, but your 8.0 for AOL suggests otherwise
The rule of thumb being, if you take every opportunity to caution loosely in accordance with Law, you'll guarantee a 7.5 in that competency. If you manage anything that's 'borderline', 'standard expected' is the likely outcome with the risk of a 6.5 if you misjudge things
Your 8.0 has cost you a 61 Club Mark however. Almost certainly a direct consequence

Anyway, you were top on club marks earlier in the thread, so you could probably afford the hit as your assessments were flagging. On that basis, probably worked out OK for you

Comes down to the observer I guess, but to me it comes across as fussy. I understand your comment about the pre-match instructions, but it didn't happen because of any of the three officials, it happened because the players were just a bit too keen and you didn't brief them. I wouldn't be marking you down, but equally I wouldn't be rewarding for it, and would probably offer closed book advice about not killing your club marks unnecessarily.

Has my first c6 today. Injured defender rolled off so as not to be involved in active play. And then rolled back on. Physio on. Booking. And off you pop for treatment
Was watching a game where two teammates dragged an injured player back on to the FOP who was down with cramp. Was after a goal celebration by the corner flag, referee just let it go or didn't see it.

Club Marks have done me (58th percentile) and assessment marks a fraction out (11th percentile) and only done half a season (6 games), so not expecting to be considered, but anyone know when the mid-season promos will be announced?

Club Marks have done me (58th percentile) and assessment marks a fraction out (11th percentile) and only done half a season (6 games), so not expecting to be considered, but anyone know when the mid-season promos will be announced?
end of the month

Only doing 6 games should rule you out anyway?

At level 3 think it's a min of 10 games, and 5 observation

Only doing 6 games should rule you out anyway?

At level 3 think it's a min of 10 games, and 5 observation
I understand the 10 game thing to be a 'soft rule', but yeh I expect 6 rules me out
Am not that bothered. I'll be a certainty come June 🐈 🐈 🐈

Reactions: es1
Back