A&H

Average Mark for Promotion to Level 4

ref11

What kind of mark on average do you need on assessments to get from level 5-4 or does it depend on what everyone else gets?

The Referee Store
Standard is to average at least 73 over 5 games as one of the criteria to be able to be put forward for promotion

Bloody hell! Must be some good refs over your way (and some good games as well!)

Well done

Reactions: HRW
That wasn't from assessors, that was club marks.

I wouldn't call any of the London assessors easily pleased, far far from it. The standard is set equally for everyone.

I can't run, wear glasses when not refereeing, have the league's highest card count for each of the last 10 years and I averaged 81.3 for the season.

The minimum is 73, but it appears that this is no longer sufficient to get past the nomination stage (at least down my way). I averaged 76 from my 5 assessments, with none below 73, which was sufficient to get me through. One of my colleagues that didn't make it averaged 74 (he had one assessment at 70).

My attitude was that I wanted to average at least 75, and looks like this may be the unofficial minimum going forward...

My club mark average for the calendar year April 15 to March 16 was 81. It has been gradually reducing over the past 3 seasons as I have moved up in quality of football (From 85 to 83 to 81 this time).

My club mark average for the calendar year April 15 to March 16 was 81. It has been gradually reducing over the past 3 seasons as I have moved up in quality of football (From 85 to 83 to 81 this time).
And so it should as you progress higher. The Clubs expect more from the standard performance as there will be more quality referees.

Once the L6 & L7's have gone, the only formal assessment required will be for 5-4. I suspect that these will be done by Supply league assessors, there will not be much need for County Assessors when there are no candidates!. The marking will be more in line with L4 standard, I would not be expecting higher 5-4 assessment marks.

And so it should as you progress higher. The Clubs expect more from the standard performance as there will be more quality referees.

Once the L6 & L7's have gone, the only formal assessment required will be for 5-4. I suspect that these will be done by Supply league assessors, there will not be much need for County Assessors when there are no candidates!. The marking will be more in line with L4 standard, I would not be expecting higher 5-4 assessment marks.
And then those wanting to make that jump just might appreciate more the advice we who refereed in the time when dinosaurs walked the earth provide to them

It begs the question, how will they weed out the current county assessors who aren't good enough to be assessing at supply league standard if there is no 7-6 and 6-5 promotions.

Bloody hell! Must be some good refs over your way (and some good games as well!)

Well done

On the other league my average club mark per game was 80 dead on. And the league average for the season ........ 80!!
What's that you said about good refs's down south?

Bet if we swapped we'd both be fish out of water!

@es1 @DanCohen17 @Padfoot

Back