A&H

ATM v ARSENIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right so in the bible it doesn’t say the player has to leave where the sub enters I.e half way line.

Interesting.

Imagine player on stretcher in one corner of ground, ok lets say Palace because we can all picture the set up, having to be carried up to the half way line, as this is where the sub is comimg on, before being carried all the way back to where he was in the first place, blood gushing out of every orrifice and unable to breathe!

The Referee Store
That’s what I mean player coming off doesn’t have to leave on half way line.

I’m surprised In all my time on the amature pitch that a ref has never instructed a player to leave where he is to save time wasting.

That’s what I mean player coming off doesn’t have to leave on half way line.

I’m surprised In all my time on the amature pitch that a ref has never instructed a player to leave where he is to save time wasting.

The referee could not enforce that at present. Thats why you wont have seen it
My amended suggestion was, maybe the ref could have that power
Thus reducing time wasting if it was an obvious issue

Well I’ll chuck one in there, I’m sure one day the powers that be will introduce sin bins for yellow card offences.

So player in the professional game time wastes coming off the pitch whilst being substituted gets - sin binned, they now go down to ten men.

I have a feeling that would speed the process up.

I just googled it & I’m not sure if it was FIFA rules or what but it said the player leaving the field is not permitted to leave on the half way line & ref can instruct him to leave anywhere on the pitch to save time wasting.

Must be a FIFA law then.

You’ve confused me you’ve said a player can leave anywhere now your saying a ref can’t enforce it.

How about a goalkeeper that denies a clear goal scoring opportunity by picking up a bad back pass when a striker is baring down on him.
One please don’t go there, I had this incident early on & cautioned the player I was then advised by many on here that it’s not a cautionable offence.
Correct. If it was a DOGSO because you don't award a penalty then it is not a cautionable offence. Its a send off offence.

If you you can find which thread is you are referring to I can clarify it. If you were told its not a send off offence, either the circumstance were different or you were given the wrong advice.

Correct. If it was a DOGSO because you don't award a penalty then it is not a cautionable offence. Its a send off offence.

If you you can find which thread is you are referring to I can clarify it. Either the circumstance were different or you were given the wrong advice.

I’m not sure you want to read through the hundreds of pages on it tbh, you know things never go smoothly with me.

I felt bad for cautioning the player and said I wasn’t gonna put it through & it caused an uproar, eventually i put the card through for time wasting as he kicked the ball away.

It’s one of my threads under new referees.

If a player is baring down on goal about to latch onto a poor back pass and a keeper comes sprinting to edge of box and dives on ball in my thinking this is dogso in every case and a red, but apparently not even a yellow.

If a player is baring down on goal about to latch onto a poor back pass and a keeper comes sprinting to edge of box and dives on ball in my thinking this is dogso in every case and a red, but apparently not even a yellow.
You are correct in your thunking. Its a red. No apparently...
In fact this almost happened in the game between Real Madrid vs Bayern. The keeper thought better of it and gave a goal away.

You are correct in your thunking. Its a red. No apparently...
In fact this almost happened in the game between Real Madrid vs Bayern. The keeper thought better of it and gave a goal away.

So red
Yellow
Or nothing

Tipping a back pass over the bar or diving on a ball when striker is about to latch onto it apparently is not even a caution.

You can't apply disciplinary sanctions to a goalkeeper who commits a handball offence within his own penalty area regardless of whether it was a backpass and a (would-be) dogso or not.

You can't apply disciplinary sanctions to a goalkeeper who commits a handball offence within his own penalty area regardless of whether it was a backpass and a (would-be) dogso or not.

Cheers Harry it’s way to early for me to go over old ground and get confused again.

Where did you get that from?

Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

DOGSO is a direct free kick offence, and that's what the disciplinary sanctions are applied for. You don't caution him for a backpass, therefore it would be incorrect, regardless of the tactical impact.

I just googled it & I’m not sure if it was FIFA rules or what but it said the player leaving the field is not permitted to leave on the half way line & ref can instruct him to leave anywhere on the pitch to save time wasting.

Must be a FIFA law then.

Not obligated. Yes permitted!

You can't send a keeper off for picking the ball up when its been played back to him. If there's a circumvention offence then a caution to the offender is correct. I've been told on multiple occasions by the FA (usually them promotion seminars and someone asks the question every time) that you cannot do it for the reason I stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back