A&H

ATM v ARSENIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Slow burner so far, don’t see a lot of goals in this... shame for Koshelny to get injured off the ball... Predictions?

The Referee Store
On the plus side it makes no difference to Arsenal’s situation they still need to score a goal.

On the negative side I don’t think Madrid have conceded at home for 11 games.

Having just seen the end of game, do you think the law should change when subs are being made and the one leaving takes an age to leave.

I don't support arsenal before anyone suggests otherwise.

But that sub in added time took over a minute to leave. We get told to add 30 seconds per sub, so thus generally allowing 30 seconds for a sub to be made.
Should it be something like if he takes an age to leave, then play restarts whether he is out of position or not. Serves him right for not leaving efficiently.

I remember seeing a game at the weekend where a player leaving the field of play literally went over to far side to applaud before leaving, then walked towards behind the goal doing same before walking off even slower. Took about 2 minutes to leave. Only 3 minutes added time and all 6 subs used too and 1 injury.

Just think something should give to stop the piss being taken and I don't think a caution is sufficient as it still delays the game and the player going off wouldn't really care as unless already on one wouldn't make a difference. And at this time of season, yellows no longer count as much so are irrelevant again.

Having just seen the end of game, do you think the law should change when subs are being made and the one leaving takes an age to leave.

But that sub in added time took over a minute to leave. We get told to add 30 seconds per sub, so thus generally allowing 30 seconds for a sub to be made.
Should it be something like if he takes an age to leave, then play restarts whether he is out of position or not. Serves him right for not leaving efficiently.

I remember seeing a game at the weekend where a player leaving the field of play literally went over to far side to applaud before leaving, then walked towards behind the goal doing same before walking off even slower. Took about 2 minutes to leave. Only 3 minutes added time and all 6 subs used too and 1 injury.

Just think something should give to stop the piss being taken and I don't think a caution is sufficient as it still delays the game and the player going off wouldn't really care as unless already on one wouldn't make a difference. And at this time of season, yellows no longer count as much so are irrelevant again.

A yellow card & add the relevant time I think is sufficient.

Your particular point would be way down on my list of priorities and rule changes.

Reactions: one
What makes you think you need a law change for this?

Law 3: "The substitution is completed when a substitute enters the field of play"
Practical Guidelines: "The whistle is needed to: • restart play after it has been stopped for a: •substitution"

You are the only one with the whistle.

I know.
Just having a slow evening and bored. And having seen some very bad time wasting I just think something needs to change about gamesmanship.
i just feel a yellow card for a player leaving the field is pointless unless already on a yellow.

I know.
Just having a slow evening and bored. And having seen some very bad time wasting I just think something needs to change about gamesmanship.
i just feel a yellow card for a player leaving the field is pointless unless already on a yellow.

How about a goalkeeper that denies a clear goal scoring opportunity by picking up a bad back pass when a striker is baring down on him.

I believe that particular offence doesn’t even warrant a caution under current law.

I’d say that is a lot worse than gamesmanship knicking a few seconds coming off the pitch that the ref can add on anyway.

Come on let’s write the wrongs in the lotg :D

What about expanding on the allowance for the player going on, to leave at any touchline? As in, ref see's a delaying tactic and orders player to leave pitch at other line?

What about expanding on the allowance for the player going on, to leave at any touchline? As in, ref see's a delaying tactic and orders player to leave pitch at other line?

Tight touchline, in the way of Lino, kit clash ref could mistake him for a player when game re starts, goading crowd or altercation with crowd whilst making his way around the pitch.

For me that would open the door for a lot more aggro than just a player taking his time leaving the field.

How about a goalkeeper that denies a clear goal scoring opportunity by picking up a bad back pass when a striker is baring down on him.

I believe that particular offence doesn’t even warrant a caution under current law.
Not true. The goal keeper can be sent off for this.

Tight touchline, in the way of Lino, kit clash ref could mistake him for a player when game re starts, goading crowd or altercation with crowd whilst making his way around the pitch.

For me that would open the door for a lot more aggro than just a player taking his time leaving the field.

Which is fine, my post is circumstance dicated, and, there are plenty grounds, esp these one stand new builds, Dumbarton, Stenhousemuir, East Fife, where the tech areas are opposite the main, or only stand.

Which is fine, my post is circumstance dicated, and, there are plenty grounds, esp these one stand new builds, Dumbarton, Stenhousemuir, East Fife, where the tech areas are opposite the main, or only stand.

I get your point but this was a European semi final infront of nearly 70,000 I’m not sure your idea would be appropriate under these circumstances.

Not to say time wasting at Dumbarton, Stenhousemuir & East Fife isn’t as just important ;)

And indeed at the level most folk on here partake at, council pitch 9 with the changing room barely visible in the distance...

Using examples more relevant to the posters on this forum might hold us in better fettle than a Euro semi, which I doubt any of us will ever be involved in

Not true. The goal keeper can be sent off for this.

One please don’t go there, I had this incident early on & cautioned the player I was then advised by many on here that it’s not a cautionable offence.

And indeed at the level most folk on here partake at, council pitch 9 with the changing room barely visible in the distance...

Using examples more relevant to the posters on this forum might hold us in better fettle than a Euro semi, which I doubt any of us will ever be involved in

Your joking right?

The title of this thread and the post regarding time wasting was Atl Madrid v Arsenal.

Not dog & duck v red lion in which case my response would have been exactly the same caution & add the relevant time.

So you want to make an amendment to the lotg where a player can leave the field at any point on the pitch but it only applys to amature and one stand grounds.

Your joking right?

The title of this thread and the post regarding time wasting was Atl Madrid v Arsenal.

Not dog & duck v red lion in which case my response would have been exactly the same caution & add the relevant time.

So you want to make an amendment to the lotg where a player can leave the field at any point on the pitch but it only applys to amature and one stand grounds.

No, no amendment needed, as the player going off can already leave by any touchline!

No, no amendment needed, as the player going off can already leave by any touchline!

Oh right so in the bible it doesn’t say the player has to leave where the sub enters I.e half way line.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back