A&H

ARS v CIT

The Referee Store
I might be missing something, but I thought if the offside player hasn't interfered with play, then the foul stands?

View attachment 6373
It's more gobbledegook (and bad grammar), but should the last one say "by a player" rather than "against a player"?

And under the second bit, is that still covered by a penalty being awarded if the foul continues into the PA?

So I watched the game and agree it was a really well officiated match. As a fan of the losing team, I don’t have any gripes with the refs behaviour.

I would like some opinions on the following though.

Isn’t swearing at a referee a red card offence? He gave a yellow for it.

Arteta could and maybe should have been given a yellow/red, but then wouldn’t greelish get a res for the shove?

As a fan, I’m glad it was ignored in this case, but would love the clarification on the rules in case I face this situation.

Arteta could and maybe should have been given a yellow/red, but then wouldn’t greelish get a res for the shove?

As a fan, I’m glad it was ignored in this case, but would love the clarification on the rules in case I face this situation.
Well, the rule is pretty black and white: a manager delaying the restart by the opposing team is to be sent off. But a bit of a case of the Law making such a harsh penalty that Rs are going to be reluctant to pull that trigger. Tough to give a caution as it just highlights that the R is not following the Law.

So I watched the game and agree it was a really well officiated match. As a fan of the losing team, I don’t have any gripes with the refs behaviour.

I would like some opinions on the following though.

Isn’t swearing at a referee a red card offence? He gave a yellow for it.

No, not necessarily. The law used to be foul and abusive language, it was changed decades ago to OFFINABUS. That removed the "requirement" for any swearing to be a red card, and in reality that "requirement" was very rarely enforced anyway.

And time to stop the nonsense of substituted players going off the pitch at the nearest point and having to go past opposition fans?

And time to stop the nonsense of substituted players going off the pitch at the nearest point and having to go past opposition fans?

No. Use CCTV and the absolute knowledge of who is sitting in which seat to ban the idiots for life. It will soon stop.

Trying to remember, but was De Bruyne told to go off that side, I just have a recollection he chose to? Certainly someone in the game last night did.

I know that the penalty for Arsenal was somewhat "controversial" - as in it's a clear foul but most referees don't give it. But form the point of view of the laws wouldn't a yellow for Ederson be in place for that foul? Did Taylor decide not to give it as he knew he would have to send Ederson off and didn't want to impact the game in that way?

I personally think he made no effort to go for the ball and so yes second yellow. He even stuck his arm out slightly to make sure he didn’t go past him.
However, the general consensus is that it was a careless and not a wreck less challenge hence no card.

He made no effort to go for the ball? He's a goalkeeper...he's trying to save/block the shot

No. Use CCTV and the absolute knowledge of who is sitting in which seat to ban the idiots for life. It will soon stop.

Trying to remember, but was De Bruyne told to go off that side, I just have a recollection he chose to? Certainly someone in the game last night did.
Unfortunately at Arsenal tickets are being bought by bots and getting sold for 10x the price or more, so CCTV probably won't do much in this case, unless a season ticket holder did it, then fair enough.

Arsenal have a major issue with companies buying membership and bugging out ticketmaster to buy hundreds/thousands of tickets. However, this won't last much longer with the crumble/bottling in full speed.

Unfortunately at Arsenal tickets are being bought by bots and getting sold for 10x the price or more, so CCTV probably won't do much in this case, unless a season ticket holder did it, then fair enough.

Arsenal have a major issue with companies buying membership and bugging out ticketmaster to buy hundreds/thousands of tickets. However, this won't last much longer with the crumble/bottling in full speed.
There are 45,000 season ticket holders through, so a 75% of having the person's name. I'd also argue that those paying 10x face value for tickets probably are not the most likely to misbehave.

Back