A&H

0-0

My last ever game as a level 3 was a 0-0, perhaps it was the boredom in it that made me quit ..!

Looking back I had a significant percentage at L3, and slightly less at L4, but very few at grass roots. Guess that is to be expected as higher level teams focus a lot more on defensive training, skill levels are much higher, and you are certainly much less likely to see a hungover player.

The Referee Store
82 games before I had a 0-0 in the middle, and 190 middles since without a 0-0! Have had a couple on the line though.

Useless stats: 539 matches (middle, AR & 4th), 1253 home goals, 1033 away goals (although I'm missing the score from a few games in my earlier years)

I have far too much time on my hands: 273 middles, 156 home yellows, 130 away yellows, 9 home reds, 17 away reds (again, missing details from my earlier years so there'll be many cautions missing from that, but I'm confident the red are accurate)

I’ve my stats somewhere from a couple of my most active seasons, A few players were habitual offenders I’m sure, One player I remember was EVERY game I ever reffed him... it got funny after a bit!

82 games before I had a 0-0 in the middle, and 190 middles since without a 0-0! Have had a couple on the line though.

Useless stats: 539 matches (middle, AR & 4th), 1253 home goals, 1033 away goals (although I'm missing the score from a few games in my earlier years)

I have far too much time on my hands: 273 middles, 156 home yellows, 130 away yellows, 9 home reds, 17 away reds (again, missing details from my earlier years so there'll be many cautions missing from that, but I'm confident the red are accurate)
Quite a low YC count

Reactions: JH
Blimey, 0-0 seems a very rare occurrence then
I'm off down the bookies to see if i can get 80/1 on a scoreless draw Derby v Forest tonight
My local Bookie turned me down when I asked for 80/1
Should have taken the 8/1 :spam:

You seriously need to get out more mate....

I did some quick stats on this on combined results from 3 different grassroots associations in Sydney for 2018 season

Open age men: 49 of 2473 games were 0-0 (2 out of 100)

Open age women: 34 of 828 games were 0-0 (4.1 out of 100)

The rest (no score kept for 11yo and below): 196 of 7486 games we're 0-0 (2.6 out of 100)

I did some quick stats on this on combined results from 3 different grassroots associations in Sydney for 2018 season

Open age men: 49 of 2473 games were 0-0 (2 out of 100)

Open age women: 34 of 828 games were 0-0 (4.1 out of 100)

The rest (no score kept for 11yo and below): 196 of 7486 games we're 0-0 (2.6 out of 100)
I refer you to post #26

Last season in the Premier League 32 out of 380 games were 0-0, so 8.42%. Championship was 8.88%, League 1 7.43%, League 2 8.33% and National League 9.24%.

Refereed a cup final last season that didn't produce even 1 offside offence. I found that quite an anomaly. :)

I reckon the number of throw ins in a game is inversely proportional to the standard of football (i.e. the more throw ins in a game, the lower the standard.).

At the moment this is only a theory - I might see if I can get some data to support or disprove this theory. However, it may be that at the standard of football for which data is available the throw in theory isn’t useful

Anyway, if I discover anything, I’ll report back.

Might be more to do with the width of the pitch. ;) :D

Being a saddo, couldn't resist looking it up.

526 matches over 16 years, I've had 8 x 0-0 - 5 were U12s, U13s & U15s from years ago and then more recently (Last couple if years) I've been on 3 x O/A women's games that finished scoreless.

26 seasons in, and at just shy of 3,000 matches later, I can only remember having had 4 0-0 draws (I’ve only kept total games per season rather than the scores).

Two of these were as referee and 2 as AR. Strangely the two I remember most were back to back games in mid-winter at Contrib level. The weather was lousy during both and from what I recall of the football that wasplayed I don’t think we’d have got a goal now.

I hope it hasn't been long enough for this to be considered a necro... -_-

But anyway, had my first 0-0 today. Huzzah!

Cup match though, so we went to extra time and it went 1-2. But anyway, 0-0 on my 41st fixture since I started tracking it last year.

Back